More talented????????

lizaj

Dear Zorba and Angela,
Well.... in my particular case..... I am not sure boobs have anything much to do with beauty or fitness any longer. I have the same set I have always had, but I seem to be wearing them in a different location than when I was younger....
Regards,
A'isha

Sorry can't resist an OT laugh at that..beautifully put:lol::lol:

AngelaJP

Dear Zorba and Angela,
Well.... in my particular case..... I am not sure boobs have anything much to do with beauty or fitness any longer. I have the same set I have always had, but I seem to be wearing them in a different location than when I was younger....
Regards,
A'isha

Hahahaha :lol: That's called maturing gracefully, Aisha. I am too, I hope gracefully though. :lol:

Aisha Azar

Thanks!!

Welcome back A'isha I hope you had great vacation and good time You deserved it. But now you have so much to catch up with and You will need another one.;) ~Mahmoud

Dear Mahmoud,
Thank you!! I had a wonderful time on Wells Beach for 6 days and got to see relatives that I have not seen for 40 years!! I adored them and my husband had a blast, too. He very much likes my extended family a lot and had a fun time learning how to speak the native Maine language. He now says stuff like, "Ayuh, there was quite a blow last night so I pahked the cah in the garage right after I took out the gahbage..... Ah you from Away?" This from a native California biker!!
I THINK I have caught all up with forum business now. It's good to see the conversation kept up with great posts by some members who always have great stuff to say! I think the female/male issue is extremely important now as men are coming to the forefront of belly dance in both performance outside countries of origin, and in teaching. We need to be clear on what is happening before we lose some important elements of the dance, one issue being that its feminine essence is now being denied by many.

Dear Angela and Lizaj,
All I can say is that my boobs were definitely fabulous before, but looks are not everything. Now I can use them as torso warmers on those cold winter afternoons.....

Regards,
A'isha

Last edited:

Pirika Repun

Back to original question of "More Talented" a little bit.

Last time I took a class, teacher did cross floor “reverse undulation while walking with shimmy!” :shok: It was totally impossible for me. Yap, I was the only ONE couldn’t do this. I have hard time to do reverse undulation in the first place. Then with traveling reveres undulation is near impossible for me, then she adds shimmy! It is totally impossible for me! She breakdown for me, but I still couldn’t get it. :(

For the man’s side of reverse undulation. Last Sunday, my girl friend and I hung out at Central Park where African drummers gather to have session and dance there. It was near huge field in Central Park around 70th Street where roller skater dance with music and small stage on the place. Anyway, there were many drummers play drums and a couple of African dancers danced. I assume he was African who dance with the drums, he did shoulder shimmies very well and for long time. He had mini African dance class down there (just audience joined him, not formal class) and they just enjoy it.

The other guy I do not know if he was African or not, he did great reverse undulation (but not traveling, just standing) My friend and I just watched his move! I told my friend I couldn’t do reverse undulation, then she looked at me couldn’t believe and said “reverse undulation is much easier than regular undulation!” I show her my reveres undulation and she said “Yeah, you can’t. But why? It’s easy” Not for me! My body just can’t response to it! But the guy’s reverse undulation was great. So, I guess it doesn’t matter of gender for some techniques, because clearly he could great undulation, but I can’t, and many my female friends feel reverse undulation is much easier than undulation, so this is just difference by individual, not by gender.