Why not Island?

Recnadocir

Today was goose shooting on other part of Iceland (we call it Island) with my good friend Arne Saknussem. We were in country part of Island near beautiful Mount Hekla and it suddenly flashed upon me, why not build theater there, right on slopes of sunny Hekla (yes we do get sunny days here, this was one). There is town nearby with all amenities, couple of decent hotels, so forth. I have saved much money from sheep business and off shoots- wool sweaters, sheep milk products, sheep dip, so forth.

Wonder if dancers would travel to our remote place for festival at Mount Hekla. Hmmm.

By the way ladies I dont aim good at gooses, never hit them. I just have to pretend I like goose shooting so very macho friends won't teese me so much for belly dancing.

Shanazel

I'd go a long way for a hafla in a place that had good sheep dip. Do you use tortillas for the dip or Island potato chips?

Seriously, I am a weaver. Do you sell yarn from your sheep?

da Sage

I have been contemplating a trip to Iceland for a while now...a bellydance trip would be a fun excuse!

I know that there are many bellydancers in Finland...are there lots of bellydancers in Iceland, or not so many?

Recnadocir

I'd go a long way for a hafla in a place that had good sheep dip. Do you use tortillas for the dip or Island potato chips?

Seriously, I am a weaver. Do you sell yarn from your sheep?
Dearest Shanazel,
We use sheep chips for sheep dip. Very economical, like our main energy source- geothermal
Then we wash it down with liqueur made from small lichen plants, I cannot say in English?
And for yarn, I can spin you many- make your head spin like possessed girl!

Recnadocir

Indeed there are many good belly dancers in Iceland. I teach some, some teach me, when sober, which is not so often.

Shanazel

Dearest Shanazel,
We use sheep chips for sheep dip. Very economical, like our main energy source- geothermal
Then we wash it down with liqueur made from small lichen plants, I cannot say in English?
And for yarn, I can spin you many- make your head spin like possessed girl!

(Shanazel cannot reply to this because she is laying on the floor laughing hysterically.)

chryssanthi sahar

Hey Recnadocir,
I've always wanted to visit Island:) I like the upper North (not to live, but to visit), it has something fascinating for me. Maybe because I come from the South:D
Anyway, a belly dance festival would be a great opportunity to visit Island at last. If you are interested in Greek Tsifteteli or Egyptian Raqs Sharqi, I could come any time to give a workshop;) I could send you some DVD of mine, so that you can check out my style. You can contact me at tanz@chryssanthi.com

Recnadocir

Dearest Chryssanthi,
Beautiful Greek maiden would be welcome at any event I would produce anywhere in the world, believe me truly. It is hoped that you enjoy sheeps. Also it occurs to me that after hours of sweaty dancing and bouts of heavy drinking we will go goose shooting at dawn, ja? It is the greatest sport here, when so drunken that object is so much to not shoot other hunters as to shoot gooses.

Babylonia

I would love to go to Island. The beautiful people, the hot springs, the little horses and non-stop partying in Rekyavik,what fun! My daughter can come too because she's crazy for Lazytown, Magnus Scheving and Stephan Karl. She spent time in Japan and wants to know if you have onsens (public baths) like in Japan. It will be a nice change from sunny and super hot Florida. See you one day!

chryssanthi sahar

It is hoped that you enjoy sheeps..

Of course I do. I love them;)

Also it occurs to me that after hours of sweaty dancing and bouts of heavy drinking we will go goose shooting at dawn, ja? It is the greatest sport here, when so drunken that object is so much to not shoot other hunters as to shoot gooses.

No question, we will: but under two conditions: you have to be dressed like a Viking (I have a weakness for Vikings:D ) and after the shooting we go to the hot springs, to get rid of the blood:p

Recnadocir

Oh Viking outfit is no problem. Lots of old ones laying around here. I can even sport scruffy lice infested beard and foreswear bathing for a month or so, to be highly authentical. I can resemble just like the credit card ads, hmmm Capital 1!

Whats in your wallet?

chryssanthi sahar

Oh Viking outfit is no problem. Lots of old ones laying around here. I can even sport scruffy lice infested beard and foreswear bathing for a month or so, to be highly authentical.

It doesn't have to be THAT authentic:eek:
Which credit card do you mean? I have different credit cards in my wallet:p

Maria_Aya

Kindly reminding to Chryssanthi that she have to keep her wallet for late August when she will be with me vacations at lovely Crete lol

Maria Aya

p.s. Hey I wanna come to Island also :rolleyes:

da Sage

It doesn't have to be THAT authentic:eek:
Which credit card do you mean? I have different credit cards in my wallet:p

In the USA (and maybe other countries, too), there is a television ad campaign for the credit card company Capitol One. It is a funny ad, which compares debt with all other credit card companies to marauding Vikings.:eek: The ads show the fierce Vikings coming towards the consumer. Only when the consumer announces that they are using the Capitol One card, do the scary Vikings fall back.:p

Aisha Azar

Island

Dearest R.
.....Urm.....I noticed the Mt. thing goin on there. How high is this mountain??? How thin IS the air...is there air?? Are they sheep or something more sinister, like say...mountain goats who are using all the thin mountain air for themselves and will charge any belly dancers who think they are going to use the air for dancing.... Also, can we have their horns to make hats and do we have to dye our hair red or blonde?? My Berserker ancestry ( part Norwegian on my father's side) compells me to ask these difficult questions because it is no longer considered okay to just go pillaging as my ullustrious ancestors who went Viking used to do.
Please answer soon because as we sang in "Bored of the Rings", "Peace is what we want and DO have, and a chunk of anything you have".
Regards,
A'isha Freya Azar

Michelle

Are they sheep or something more sinister, like say...mountain goats who are using all the thin mountain air for themselves and will charge any belly dancers who think they are going to use the air for dancing.... Also, can we have their horns to make hats and do we have to dye our hair red or blonde??

Hahaha! Those evil mountain goats! They are air-hoggers!
You know, I was all aboard the boat with you guys until you mentioned the whole blonde thing.... you see, I can never be blonde; I look horrendous as a blonde!

chryssanthi sahar

You know, I was all aboard the boat with you guys until you mentioned the whole blonde thing.... you see, I can never be blonde; I look horrendous as a blonde!

Don't worry Michelle, me too;) I could afford dying my hair blond (it is big fashion in Greece the last 3 decades anyway), but I just don't feel blond:D I am a confessing brunette:)

chryssanthi sahar

In the USA (and maybe other countries, too), there is a television ad campaign for the credit card company Capitol One. It is a funny ad, which compares debt with all other credit card companies to marauding Vikings.:eek: The ads show the fierce Vikings coming towards the consumer. Only when the consumer announces that they are using the Capitol One card, do the scary Vikings fall back.:p

Cool:cool: I'd like to see this ad. Is there any video clip of it on Internet?