View Poll Results: Do we need a Workshop Category for the website?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - great idea

20 83.33%
  • No - We can post this elsewhere

4 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maariku View Post
    I actually voted no. Because we already have two channels for workshops - one is the Instructors and students section and secondly the website does have a calendar. So instead of making the forum a more complicated one, I'd rather just promote people to use the calendar function.
    Yes but did you know that you can't search for UK workshops within the Student and Instructor thread. Firstly you can only search the forum as a whle and secondly UK is rejected as a search term. AND the original poster may not have put UK in their post anyway.

The calendar section is also severely restricted on space. Depending on what people actually call their event, there is room for about 4 events WORLDWIDE on the same day, so the more people use the calendar, the more it will become useless.

VOTE NOW!!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted yes cos we can also then discuss workshops we have been to, what we thought etc, and then it will be useful for people thinking of going to a similar one.

And JenC can moderate it

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. then I will be sure to know what is going on!!

Post Thanks / Like

exactly. you will be the walking diary of the bellydance events of the world

Post Thanks / Like

Well I changed my mind now. I think it's a good idea to have a separate section for workshops and festivals.

Go jenc!
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, it looks like the majority are for it! I think what we will do is make a subforum under "Instructors and Students". I'll try to have Anatoliy get to that soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    Ok, it looks like the majority are for it! I think what we will do is make a subforum under "Instructors and Students". I'll try to have Anatoliy get to that soon.
    Might I be so bold as to suggest that perhaps it should not necessarily be put underneath "Instructors and Students"? It just doesn't seem intuitive to me to search for events under the the "Instructors and Students" heading, and additionally, many events are also festivals...and hence performance opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samira_dncr View Post
    Might I be so bold as to suggest that perhaps it should not necessarily be put underneath "Instructors and Students"? It just doesn't seem intuitive to me to search for events under the the "Instructors and Students" heading, and additionally, many events are also festivals...and hence performance opportunities.
    That's true. I had been going on the thought that it would be for workshops as the OP asked for a new category for workshops - hence the sub forum under instructors and students. Butttt if we are going to add a new forum, might as well make it for all events.

Post Thanks / Like

Aw I'm in the minority

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast