New Category for Workshops????

Do we need a Workshop Category for the website?

• Yes - great idea

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No - We can post this elsewhere

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

jenc

I have just found a couple of UK workshops, by sheer luck. If we had a separate section for workshops, we could have a thread for each country and it would be really easy to keep up with what is going on. I appreciate that this can be done in instruction section - but if there was a SEPARATE section, these threads would always be visible without searching.

Maria_Aya

Voted yes, dont know if its possible....
I'm frustrated as I learned for some workshops abroad too late :(

Maria Aya:)

Safran

I actually voted no. Because we already have two channels for workshops - one is the Instructors and students section and secondly the website does have a calendar. So instead of making the forum a more complicated one, I'd rather just promote people to use the calendar function.

gisela

Super Moderator
I agree with Marikuu, At first I thought about a sticky in the instructor & students, but the calendar is also a good option.

gypsy ahmet

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN USA!!

AHMET OGREN WILL BE DOING A USA TOUR INTRODUCING TURKISH ROMAN DANCE!

Usa tour is being scheduled for Ahmet Ogren, he will focus on Roman Dance Turkish Style.

The Tour will start on NOVEMBER 8th of 2008

November 8th and the 9th We are in process of looking into Chicago / Washington DC

November 14th, 15th and the 16th California LA is scheduled for
CONTACT: The Velvet Gypsy - At theVelvetGypsy.com E-Mail: velvetgypsy1@aol.com

November 22nd & the 23rd New Mexico is scheduled

November 29th and the 30th is stil open for a sponsor

December 6th and the 7th We are looking into New York City

Those who are interested please contact:

fazilstudionyc@yahoo.com
www.turkishgypsydance.com

FAZIL STUDIO NYC
Gonul Cengiz

I have just found a couple of UK workshops, by sheer luck. If we had a separate section for workshops, we could have a thread for each country and it would be really easy to keep up with what is going on. I appreciate that this can be done in instruction section - but if there was a SEPARATE section, these threads would always be visible without searching.

LLAIMA

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN USA!!

AHMET OGREN WILL BE DOING A USA TOUR INTRODUCING TURKISH ROMAN DANCE!

Usa tour is being scheduled for Ahmet Ogren, he will focus on Roman Dance Turkish Style.

The Tour will start on NOVEMBER 8th of 2008

November 8th and the 9th We are in process of looking into Chicago / Washington DC

November 14th, 15th and the 16th California LA is scheduled for
CONTACT: The Velvet Gypsy - At theVelvetGypsy.com E-Mail: velvetgypsy1@aol.com

November 22nd & the 23rd New Mexico is scheduled

November 29th and the 30th is stil open for a sponsor

December 6th and the 7th We are looking into New York City

Those who are interested please contact:

fazilstudionyc@yahoo.com
www.turkishgypsydance.com

FAZIL STUDIO NYC
Gonul Cengiz

I vote for both, let me explain.

It is a great Idea to be able to see all the workshops posted in the calendar.
but I think that is also a good idea that teachers looking for Studios to Host their workshops, are able to have a place where they can post it. Just like above.

jenc

I added a few genuine (but mispelt) workshops to September 6th. The last one I added didn't show as the first 4 posted took up all the room. If we all posted everything we heard of the calendar couldn't cope!

jenc

I actually voted no. Because we already have two channels for workshops - one is the Instructors and students section and secondly the website does have a calendar. So instead of making the forum a more complicated one, I'd rather just promote people to use the calendar function.

Yes but did you know that you can't search for UK workshops within the Student and Instructor thread. Firstly you can only search the forum as a whle and secondly UK is rejected as a search term. AND the original poster may not have put UK in their post anyway.

The calendar section is also severely restricted on space. Depending on what people actually call their event, there is room for about 4 events WORLDWIDE on the same day, so the more people use the calendar, the more it will become useless.

VOTE NOW!!

karena

I voted yes cos we can also then discuss workshops we have been to, what we thought etc, and then it will be useful for people thinking of going to a similar one.

And JenC can moderate it ;)

gisela

Super Moderator
Well I changed my mind now. I think it's a good idea to have a separate section for workshops and festivals.

Go jenc! :)

Salome

Administrator
Ok, it looks like the majority are for it! I think what we will do is make a subforum under "Instructors and Students". I'll try to have Anatoliy get to that soon.

Samira_dncr

Ok, it looks like the majority are for it! I think what we will do is make a subforum under "Instructors and Students". I'll try to have Anatoliy get to that soon.

Might I be so bold as to suggest that perhaps it should not necessarily be put underneath "Instructors and Students"? It just doesn't seem intuitive to me to search for events under the the "Instructors and Students" heading, and additionally, many events are also festivals...and hence performance opportunities.

Salome

Administrator
Might I be so bold as to suggest that perhaps it should not necessarily be put underneath "Instructors and Students"? It just doesn't seem intuitive to me to search for events under the the "Instructors and Students" heading, and additionally, many events are also festivals...and hence performance opportunities.

That's true. I had been going on the thought that it would be for workshops as the OP asked for a new category for workshops - hence the sub forum under instructors and students. Butttt if we are going to add a new forum, might as well make it for all events.