? 's on Turkish Roman dance

Salome

Administrator
Ahmet Ogren from Istanbul, Turkey is going to do an article with us on Turkish Roman dance. This is a great opportunity to learn more about this dance form! If you have any kind of questions about the Turkish Roman dance, post them here, and I will do my best to work them in!

Amulya

It would be nice if he can explain some of the meanings of gestures they make in this dance style. I went once to a workshop where they explained it, but I have completely forgotten by now.

Hi Amulya,I was at a workshop with Aremis and she said many of the gestures do not have a specific meaning. it would be interseing to hear Ahmet Ogren's take on things.

Ask him what are some of his favorite music?
Yasmine

Amulya

Hi Amulya,I was at a workshop with Aremis and she said many of the gestures do not have a specific meaning. it would be interseing to hear Ahmet Ogren's take on things.

The workshop I went to was from Cathryn Ruillet from Italy. I find it facinating when there are contradicting opinions. I hope he can explain more :)

Rahana

Is there anyone in the US that Ahmed believes can potray this dance in its proper form? By the way, I am hosting Ahmed in CA in Nov 2008. Contact me for more info. -Rahana

missanime

oh wow....sorta reminds me of greek dancing but w/some bellydance moves thrown in. i really liked this alot! sometimes i think it's a horrible shame that we americans have absolutely no folk dance in our culture (and no, the stupid hokie pokie doesn't exactly count either lol!)

:)