Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is "User Reputation"?

Our Forum has a "User Reputation" system. If you are wondering what it is and how it works read on.

Each member of the forum has a "User Reputation". New users receive 10 points in their "User Reputation" upon registering. Points can be added or deducted from a member's "User Reputation" by other members of the forum.

How do I use the "User Reputation" system?
    When you read a post you will see a scale below the user name and avatar of the member who wrote the post. If you click the scale the "Add to reputation" window will appear where you can select "I approve" or "I disapprove". You can also type comments - what you approve or disapprove of and why. Click the "Add to Reputation" button. The person whose reputation you voted on will see who added/deducted points and will see your comments.

Restrictions
    1. A user must have 50 posts before her/his reputation hits count on others.
    2. A user can give 10 reputation points over each 24 hour period.
    3. A user must give reputation to 20 different users before she/he can hit the same person again.
    4. A user must have a reputation of more than 10 for her/his reputation hits count on others.

Reputation Level:
    10 - 14
    15 - 19
    20 - 24
    25 - 29
    30 - 35
    35 - 45
    45 - 55
    55 - 65
    65 - 75
    75 - 85

Post Thanks / Like

I recently received neutral reputation (grey square and no extra points) Now how's that possible? If I'm giving some to someone, I can only click "i approve" or "i disapprove" and I can't find the neutral option

EDIT: Oh nevermind, that person probably had less than 50 posts so the reputation didn't count .

Feel free to remove this useless post.
    Last edited by Moon; 10-25-2007 at 12:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

it's not useless you just answered who knows how many people's question... about just that topic

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for this post. I had no idea how you got more green dots. It is my fault for not reading this thread weeks ago when I joined.

I'm still a little confused on whether or not my votes for members count yet. Plus, how do we know who gave you points and what they said?

And, apparently I used all my opportunities to post rep. pts. for 24 hours, so I am sorry I cannot leave points right now to those who have been so helpful on this subject.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably a really dumb question: but how do you give someone user reputation points? You can't click on the green blocks.

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized that you click on the scale in the bottom left corner under the green blocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Me too LOL

Post Thanks / Like

If you click "user CP" you see who gave you reputation points for which posts, for the last 5 times you got reputation.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

other forums have a 'sad click' / 'cool click' system. A similar thing although some folks really do take it far too seriously.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, moon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast