Peeking out from behind the wings . . .

PracticalDancer

Hello all,

After many years of reading this forum, I have made the leap to join. September 18th will mark seven years of studying the dance; and, I have to say I have learned just as much from reading your posts as I have in workshops and classes. I hope to contribute to this wonderful group -- I owe you each a thank you for helping me to better understand this lovely art!

Regards,

Anala

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Welcome and well met! I've only been studying about 8 months longer than you have - so we're "of an age".

An interesting group of folks here, I'm always learning something new...

PracticalDancer

Welcome and well met! I've only been studying about 8 months longer than you have - so we're "of an age".

Well . . . I would have started my study earlier. My first class was actually supposed to be on 9/11/01. Classes were cancelled due to the tragic events of the day . . .

But, since the woman who inspired me started dancing at the tender age of 80 (she lied to her teacher and said she was "only 79"), I figure I can keep studying for a while! :) There is sooooooo much to learn!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Well . . . I would have started my study earlier. My first class was actually supposed to be on 9/11/01. Classes were cancelled due to the tragic events of the day . . .
Another commonality. I would have started my study earlier too - I had planned on starting around the 1st of November 2000, but was delayed until 1st of February 2001 because I broke my foot on labor day in an accident while performing Greek dance - it wasn't pretty!

Kudos on your inspiration - I just LOVE seeing older dancers. We had a gal in our Greek dance troupe who finally retired from performing - at age 91! She was still leading rock climbing expeditions in the high Sierra in her mid-80s!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome Anala, I only started dancing a few years ago, had my first lesson the end of 2004 at the tender age of 56:D

I have been enthralled ever since. I look forward to hearing about your adventures in dance.
~Mosaic

AngelaJP

Welcome to the family, lurker! Hahaha! :lol:

Wow, 7years! We'd love to hear your tips and thoughts here. I just started last year and I still have a LOT to learn.

Take care, Anala! :D