Astro belly

Moon

Well that was fun to read! I like reading astrology stuff although I don't take it too seriously (I'm a sagitarius but I don't have so much fire ;))

Aniseteph

Hi ladies!
I went to one of her Astrobelly workshops - good fun and she's a really nice teacher. She teaches a little mini-routine for each sign and you can put them together different ways to make longer choreographies. I don't go for the astrological stuff too much, but it was an interesting way to look at different dance characters and moods. And lots of new steps for your money!

Mouse

I'm taking Astrobelly classes starting this weekend. I've seen a little of the DVD and it looks like a lot of fun! :D

Demelza

I never go with astrology and what they say. However.........I'm aquarias, and according to 'Keti Sharif' I'm........

unique, humerous, intelligent, liberal, open-minded, excitable,ready to try new styles and learn about cultures, knowledgeable, inspirational, an artist - .....and the best bit of all........
Aquarian's are the geniuses of the zodiac !

So I've changed my mind. I'll go with that :cool: xxxx

Sara

:D Ever read the Metro Demelza? According to that my other half is on the edge of a nervous breakdown and I'm madly in love with someone I don't know.

That kinda stuff I don't go for, but proper readings I do like and enjoy. When all the Romany people my gram knows come round we have a big dukkering session (fortune telling) and it's brill. We get to speak Romany dialects and make food. It's amazing!

I'm libra!

Libra is symbolized by the Scales and is ruled by Venus, planet of love and beauty. The colour is Jade and Libra rules the hips. The Libra character is charming, artistic, balanced, refined, social, diplomatic and flirtatious.

An air sign, Libra is a lover of good music and fine costumes! In dance, Libra is comfortable in the social atmosphere of a troupe or does brilliantly in a solo dance, using her natural charm and artistry. Explore movements that are balanced and highlight the hips with an ornate scarf. A glittering costume in peacock shades of jade, emerald and purple helps Libra express her fine beauty and flair. Dressed like an odalisque in coins, fitted dresses and ornate headwear highlights Libra's sense of aesthetics, and they can match costume, veil and accessories with the finest taste. The tribal bejeweled dancers of the Ouled Nail are an inspiration for layered costume styles.

Librans feel best when they are balancing their emotional expression and dance artistry, with moves that are also balanced, graceful and symmetrical. These dancers are naturally gifted in the arts and are well liked in the social scene of bellydancing, which makes them especially popular performers! Famous Libra Dancer, Nayima Akef was not only a refined artist, but well known for her friendliness, kindness and helpfulness to all her associates as well as her film crew, dancers and members of the same film set.

If you have:

Libra Sun: Express your grace, charm and social personality with artistic movements and gesture.
Libra Moon: Allow sensuality and emotions show in your facial expression.
Libra Mercury: Flirt and be social with your audience, design an inspired troupe dance from the aesthetic choreography to the beautiful costumes.
Libra Venus: Design a classical costume inspired by the dancers of the elegant 50's or assimilate a layered tribal masterpiece. Classical and modern bellydance music with artistic composition suits Libra's style.

DancerAU

Thats funny seeing this post here because I just bought this DVD off the internet. Haven't got it yet but it sounds like I have bought a decent DVD. Hope so. I am saggitarius.
Kathy :)

Deeva Ali

Hi every one I am a new member and I think astro bellydance is interesting Keti said that a virgo works well with drum solos and I just happen to be very good at my shimmes

slinks

I had this dvd ... I really like Keti's A-Z 1 & 2 but this dvd did not do it for me, I am a scorpio and I did like the scorpio routine .. I liked a lot of the routines and though they were fun to do and learn, I thought to dance them was too much of a jumboed mess ... it was just too much .. I guess you're supposed to just pick out your likable routines and practice them but then you've spent $$ buying a whole dvd and that dvd aint cheap, lol, none of Keti's are :)

slinks

^^^^ UPDATE
I'm not really sure why I torture myself !! when I sell a dvd/video I always regret it and resort to either buying it again, new, or hunting a used one !!!! Anyway I didn't purposely hunt this one down, it was up for sale and I was pleased to have it in my collection again .. I checked it out and these are the routines that I really like and am praticing while adding a touch of what I like to them ... Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Libra, Scorpio and Capricorn .. as I said in the above post I really like Keti's stuff .. and if you're a fan of A-Z's this is baced on A-Z but totally new combinations ... you're either dancing the pattern of the symbol on the floor, with your feet or moving the hips in the shape of the symbol (zodiac symbol)

I think the problem with me is that I own too many dvds and it's really hard to keep up, then I see something else I want and sell what I think I don't like or need anymore but when it comes time to actually thinking that I might have liked it, it's gone !!! 8-/ what to do ... buy it again !!! lol

slinks

lol ... what was weird Reen.Blom .. that I bought it again ?? :) lol .. believe me I do it all the time !!

Or is it how I said that you're dancing a symbol pattern on the floor .. an example : imagine the Aries zodiac symbol, it's just two horns, so that's a kick forward and a push out to the side .. that is drawing one of the horns on the floor .. there is way more to it but that is a very small example :) or perhaps imagine the Gemini symbol it looks a lot like the ying yang and because it's full of round drawings those rounds are done with the hips in circles and figure 8's ..

I hope I have not confused you anymore than you were confused to start with !!! lol :-D

You'd have to see it to really understand it ..

Last edited:

Reen.Blom

I think it makes more sense now... Still I do not imagine myself dancing like that...LOL Thinking of what you are "writing".... This is all new to me, But it is interesting to learn new things every day!