Do you reply to everything?

ravenadesigns

When I first started taking on gigs - I would reply to every email and phone call. Even if it was some dork calling about having a bellydancer for a bachelor party.

Well - I am getting more calls recently (which is good) but every once in a while I get this off the wall request from someone. This week - it was "can you bellydance for one person - me?".

Is it good business practice to just ignore this or should I continue to respond.

Your thoughts..

Mya

When I first started taking on gigs - I would reply to every email and phone call. Even if it was some dork calling about having a bellydancer for a bachelor party.

Well - I am getting more calls recently (which is good) but every once in a while I get this off the wall request from someone. This week - it was "can you bellydance for one person - me?".

Is it good business practice to just ignore this or should I continue to respond.

Your thoughts..

I probably would, but in a very disconnected, unaffected way like " this company performs for events of the following nature: x,y,z. It is not our policy to do x,y,z. I look forward to working wit you in the future under the abovementioned circumstances. Regards xyz."

That's just me though and if it's a repeat offender i'd definitely tell em off.

Aisha Azar

"Personal" dances

Your thoughts..

Dear Ravena,
This is obviously not a real offer for you to entertain within the boundaries that you most likely want to set. However, you could respond with something equally outrageous, like. "I am willing to perform for one person in a public venue with my agent present. I charge double my usual price for individual performances such as what you have requested, plus a fee for my agent's time. The payment is in cash in full, to my agent before I perform. The person who hires me is in charge of making sure that there is a private dressing room and a good sound system in the venue. If this is amenable to you, I will send a legal contract for you to sign, stating the above stipulations, our agreed on price, the time I will dance and other stipulations regarding our agreement, after we discuss it further."
The other option is to ignore it since usually no serious dance job is for a solo audience member.
Regards,
A'isha

Last edited by a moderator:

Farasha Hanem

can only give you decadent chocolate cake rep

Dear Ravena,
This is obviously not a real offer for you to entertain within the boundaries that you most likely want to set. However, you could respond with something equally outrageous, like. "I am willing to perform for one person in a public venue with my agent present. I charge double my usual price for individual performances such as what you have requested, plus a fee for my agent's time. The payment is in cash in full, to my agent before I perform. The person who hires me is in charge of making sure that there is a private dressing room and a good sound system in the venue. If this is amenable to you, I will send a legal contract for you to sign, stating the above stipulations, our agreed on price, the time I will dance and other stipulations regarding our agreement, after we discuss it further."
The other option is to ignore it since usually no serious dance job is for a solo audience member.
Regards,
A'isha

Awwwwwwww, I so wanted to give you rep for that, A'isha... :(
How about chocolate cake? :D

Sita, I adore you...chocolate cake rep is the best! :D

Farasha Hanem

I wasn't going to get online any more this evening, but I felt the need to come back to this. All joking aside, Ravena, I wouldn't take the gig. It's just too dangerous; if it were me, all sorts of red warning lights would go off inside me. So, to put a twist on a saying from when I was a teenager: "If it feels bad (as in unsafe), don't do it." I think the mere fact that you asked should give you an indication as to what to do. Of course, ultimately, it is your decision, but we want you to dance safely. :dance: Hugs! :D

I still think it would be a hoot to answer him as A'isha suggested. XD

Last edited:

Aisha Azar

Rep

Awwwwwwww, I so wanted to give you rep for that, A'isha... :(
How about chocolate cake? :D

Sita, I adore you...chocolate cake rep is the best! :D

Dear Farasha,
Chocolate cake REP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What could be better????? Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Regards,
A'isha