Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello everyone!There's Amri here.....

Hello everyone!
    It's so nice to discover such a useful & pleasant place as this forum! I like it here very much. And the topics are so interesting & useful!
    Ok, a lil' bit about myself.
    I am naturally from Russia, but nowdays live kinda in 2 countries: Russia & Turkey. I am a 4th year student of an Irkutsk State Linguistic University. The main language is japanese, others are english & spanish.
    I've been dancing since 13 years old. My 1st teacher was my aunt. And actually, she's the only one teacher I've had. But she really is a great dancer. So, since that time dancing has become my life, my air & my everyhting. But I would rarely preform on stage.Dunno why.. I would feel kinda shy( thank God, no longer!). I would dance for myself, mostly in my room, infront of the mirror. I just enjoy dancing. Also I sing. Mostly soul & r&b songs. Sometimes I rap, but not so often. Do modelling from time to time, but to be honest it's not mine. Used to attend a drama school when was a school girl. Love reading & indian movies. Well, I guess that's all for now in general. Nice to meet all of you! Such a lovely forum U have, and according to the majority of posts, such lovely people!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Amri, Nice to have you on the forum. You sound as if you have had an interesting life. Are you still learning Bellydance while you are in Turkey? Or do you just practice by yourself.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Mosaic,
    thanks for ur reply Well, In Turkey I don't practice in a dance class or anyhting like that. Only at home. LOL. Because I'm too busy with work there. But when I'm at home, in Russia, I practice every day 5 hours at home.. Now thinking of taking up some belly dance classes. Because the time when I was practicing under my aunt's control was several years ago, when I was a teenager... Since 4 years I'm all by myself. So I think now classes are needed. What about you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amri_ View Post
    Dear Mosaic,
    thanks for ur reply Well, In Turkey I don't practice in a dance class or anyhting like that. Only at home. LOL. Because I'm too busy with work there. But when I'm at home, in Russia, I practice every day 5 hours at home.. Now thinking of taking up some belly dance classes. Because the time when I was practicing under my aunt's control was several years ago, when I was a teenager... Since 4 years I'm all by myself. So I think now classes are needed. What about you?
    Wow! 5 hours a day practice. I don't have time to do that
    I dance for enjoyment, I don't dance professionally. I take 3 classes a week, attend workshops, and practice at home, the amount of home practice depends on what i am doing in a given week, but I generally have a couple of good hour long practice sessions.

You would probably enjoy getting back into a class situation, it is fun being with other dances. I think it is also good to learn from other teachers, each teacher can add too and improve your dancing ability. I have 2 teachers, both are quite different, but I have gained so much from the both of them.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the family, Amri!

I wish I started dancing as early as you! But I'm enjoying bellydancing so much so I won't complain about starting so late in life

Have fun in your upcoming belly dance classes!

Angela

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the board, it must be great to have such a tradition and love of dance in your family - you are very lucky (especially with your added gift of languages).

Sita

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Mosaic,
    As you said, you dance for pleasure It is same with me. It's no like I have a plan to dance 5 hours every day. It just hapens so. Because if Idanced for pleasure, I'd dance 24/7 I guess. LOL! It always depends on free time one has. For example, now I can afford practicing much because I study. It's like since morning till afternoon I'm at university, then I do some preparations for tmorrow classes, then I leep. And when my sister falls asleep I wake up & dance( because my sister hates the drum music). But when I work( in summer), If I have 5 hours of practice a week, I consider myself a very lucky person. LOL! So, it depends on one's free time, right U are

Dear Angela,
    thanks for your warm welcome. Well, a belly dance is not like our family tradition. My family is pretty strict & realistic. But my aunt is smn different. She's a person of arts, so I guess I take after her a bit in my passion for dancing. But my mom has always be against of me dancing professionally. And speaking about dancing. If I started so early, it doesn't mean I'm so good at it. I've known one girl, she's been dancing for 1 year by now. And she has such a big deal of talent! When she dances, it seems like she's been dancing for all her life. So it's like she got almost my level in less than 1 year. So no matter if U start dancing earlier or later, ur will & ur talent improves ur skills 2ce quicker I think so And one's talent consists on a desire, a wish to do smth like 80%. The rest 20% is practice.

Dear Sita, thanks for ur warm welcome Well, I'm afraid a bely dance is not our family tradition.... Yet. But If I ever have a daughter (in future), I will try my best to make it a tradition And I don't have a gift of language. It's like my future job, so I have no choice now. Gotta learn it Japanese I don't like much. But I'm in love with english, spanish, turkish & hindi. Last 2 languages I've just started learning, so for now I don't have any level yet, but still I'm trying to do my best.

Once again, Mosaic, Angela and Sita, Thanks for your warm welcome, it is so nice to meet such freindly people on such a big forum, where newcomers must be like 5 every day. And still I wasn't invisible for U three. Thank U

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome in this wonderful forum !!
    Enjoy reading, posting and having fun

Maria Aya, Greece

p.s. Nesrin TopKapi one of the best ever turkish dancers lives at Istanbul !!! dont miss a lesson with her

Post Thanks / Like

Heyy
    Welcome!!!! You've been learning since 13 ! wowww...

Post Thanks / Like

Maria_Aya- thank U dear Will never miss her preformance
    Ink- yep, but Don't think I'm that way-way good at it Though I've been dancing snce 13 y.o, That wuldn't be a system. Just Whenever I'd catch my aunt between her trips to Egypt, she'd give me several lessons. And since 17 y.o I've stopped to dance till present times. I would dance, but at home and very rarely. Just it was some kind of crisis or what I dunno. But Now I've decided to give it a hit, and now it has become a system. I dance at home, and I train wih a teacher. Like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast