Hi From Korea!!!

Kala

Hello!
I'm pretty new to belly dance. I've been dancing for 4 months and my first show is coming up in a week.
I came to Korea from Canada to teach English. I've fallen passionately in love with belly dance and want to learn so much more! It started out one class a week and now I can't get enough!
I'm happy that I found a place like this forum!
I'm looking foreward to talking with people around the world with the same passion as me!!!
~Kala <3

AngelaJP

Welcome to the family, Kala! :D

There are sooooo many Koreans in my city now. If you happen to drop by neighboring Philippines, let's attend belly dance class here!

Good luck in your first show. I'm sure you'll have loads of fun! Do post some pictures.

Cheers!
Angela

Sita

Hello and welcome you have definitly come to the right place - i have never met more devoted people so in love with belly dance than on this board. Good luck on your first show I hope you hve a great time :)

Sita

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum Kala, how interesting that you travelled all the way to Korea to teach and found bellydancing in Korea.

Are you enjoying teaching and living in Korea?

I believe there is another teacher (from America) teaching in Korea who is also a bellydancer and a member of this forum. Muneera is her name. I don't know what part of Korea she is in though.

It seems that bellydancing is very popular in Korea.
~Mosaic

Kala

Thank you guys!
I have noticed that the belly dance community was very close knit!
I have been so busy practicing that I haven't had time to get to my computer! I hope in the future to have more conversations with your lovely ladies!!!!
~K

hiccatee

Also new and in Korea

Hi!

I'm also new to the forum (though not to belly dancing, I've been taking for 5 years - hard to believe!) and to Korea! I was wondering how you found classes here? I am in Ulsan, and since I don't understand Korean yet, find it difficult to navigate websites that aren't in English or translateable, though I would be ok in a class that is taught in Korean since I already know the foundation movements to dance.

I miss dance sooo much (moved a few months ago, been here only one month, so I've been dance deprived since May!) and really want to find a studio. I heard that there are lots of belly dance studios here, I just can't find them and my coteacher is too busy right now to help.

Any tips on finding a place?

Thanks!
-Sally