Building my costume..

Phoebedances

So, here I am trying the bra on after most of the decoration is in place. I still need the swags, a few more strands of fringe in the middle, and probably will do one more row of beads on top, but nothing that's going to alter the fit at this point.

Does this look like it's fitting okay? I don't ooze out from the bottom, but the top edge doesn't seem quite as close to me as it should be. Maybe additional straps?

Last edited:

Shanazel

Very classy! As for the tops of the bra not quite fitting, try putting a bit of padding in the bottom and/or sides of the cups to lift your breasts closer to the top edge of the bra- lots easier than adding straps and might be more efficient, too. I am all for doing stuff the easy way.;)

PS Hey, are we related? You look like you got some of your genes from the Gleghorn family.

AngelaJP

From the bare plain bra, what a transformation! It's amazing how elegant it turned out. Congratulations, Phoebe! :dance:

Phoebedances

Very classy! As for the tops of the bra not quite fitting, try putting a bit of padding in the bottom and/or sides of the cups to lift your breasts closer to the top edge of the bra- lots easier than adding straps and might be more efficient, too. I am all for doing stuff the easy way.;)

PS Hey, are we related? You look like you got some of your genes from the Gleghorn family.

So we're long lost something-or-others? ;)

I don't think there are any Gleghorn's in my family tree - I am mostly English-Dutch with a smidge of German and a little Cherokee. I guess that makes me an American Mutt. :lol:

I do have Hurleys, Taylors, Crawfords and Lamberts in my family tree.

I figured out last night when I took that picture that my belt needs taken up. I'm not sure what happened as I pinned it - tried it on and then stitched it on one side before I began decorating it, so one would think (especially since I haven't been stellar on my diet of late) that it would still fit, but I'm thinking it needs taken in a good inch and a half, maybe more.

Angela - thanks for the encouragement. It's going to help me press on to the end!! :D:D

PracticalDancer

So, here I am trying the bra on after most of the decoration is in place. I still need the swags, a few more strands of fringe in the middle, and probably will do one more row of beads on top, but nothing that's going to alter the fit at this point.

Does this look like it's fitting okay? I don't ooze out from the bottom, but the top edge doesn't seem quite as close to me as it should be. Maybe additional straps?

I can't see how the top edge will look from the photo; but, I'd say the fit looks fine. And, I'd say that the assuit will look stunning with that red! Beautiful work!

regards,

Anala

nightdancer

(Please note this is a compliment, and the beginning is playful sarcasm)

Anala, that bra is just the tackiest thing I have ever seen. Really, I cant let you been seen in that. Being the good friend that I am, I will just go ahead and take it off your hands, and risk all compliments I mean embarrassment...

I am teasing. You did a great job, I love it.

PracticalDancer

(Please note this is a compliment, and the beginning is playful sarcasm)

Anala, that bra is just the tackiest thing I have ever seen. Really, I cant let you been seen in that. Being the good friend that I am, I will just go ahead and take it off your hands, and risk all compliments I mean embarrassment...

I am teasing. You did a great job, I love it.

Oh, I cannot take credit for that bra, sadly. It's Phoebe's fine work! (Which may be a good thing -- lest I taunt you with it at a Tummy Tuesday! :) )

Regards,

Anala

Reen.Blom

Just a picture of me dancing for some friends. I didn't get the whole costume done for this, so I ended up dancing in one of my old costumes - a beladi dress that my teacher brought back from Egypt for us many moons ago. I just took this along to show, and forgot the matching hip scarf, which is why the one I'm wearing is black (actually my practice hip scarf )

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is because the veil is of the silk I dyed, and I think it shows the color very well. Forgive the closed eyes!

This picture really makes me want my long, long hair back.. :(

You look gorgeous! I love your dress and your veil is amazing! I think this is my favourite colour!!!!!!! I coud stare at it for hours! |What scarf was supposed to go with the dress? This one looks very nice with it.

Congratulations on wonderful dying!!!

Hug
reen.blom

Phoebedances

Thank you, Reen!

I didn't have a veil that went specifically with that beladi dress, actually. My teacher went to Egypt and had those made at Mdm. Abla's for us years ago. I got the rusty red one, another girl got a cobaltish blue, one in black, and I think one in a bronze like color, though this has been a few years back.

I've seen some knock offs of this design, but none of them have the amount of beading and sequinin of this dress - most of them have just had the sequins and no beads in the design.

With the holidays and all I got into cookie baking madness and sidetracked from finishing my assuit costume, but now I'm back to working on it and hopefully will get everything done soon. I had to redo the belt a little as it turned out too big for me, and I might
line it with black before I put the sides back together. I was doing the bits of fringe on the belt, but decided instead to put them on the medalions so it will be much, much easier to adjust in the future.