This does not help.......

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
If she doesn't answer her email in a few days, call her!

Not to put her on the spot - but email is remarkably unreliable these days what with SPAM traps and other evil necessities of 21st century 'net life - but lots of people and even HUGE companies simply ignore emails...

Sita

You lot and all your talk, I am beginning to wonder if what I have done is a good move, for I have sent an email based upon what I have read on her website, that classes can be attended by everyone and anyone. I have simply asked if that everyone and anyone extends to males who wish to learn. If I get a reply and it is positive, then I might consider, as at least a class is a class.

I have a friend who also wishes to learn, the funny thing is, the class venue, is in front of her house and not that far from myself, so it would be handy. I am only just wondering about it though, after you lot have had your claws out.

Well, I will wait until and if I get a reply, before even thinking to get hopes up, as I have been here before with this one.

Are you still looking for a belly dance teacher then? sorry I though you'd found one. I'd invite you too ours shoudn't think you'd have any problems(except prehaps a couple of fawning women lol) but we're in Suffolk on the other side of the country.
Well IMO if you get a positive response I'd go for it - as you said a class is a class she may turn out be a fantastic teacher for all I know it was the trailer and article phrase that got me.
Have you also thought of going to bellydance events and professional workshops around Britain, there's normally a few,? I should have invited you to ours; it would have been perfect especially as the teacher was male so you wouldn't have had any worries at all. I'll remember to get in touch with you for a next day of dance (prolly next summer) prehaps you can make a holiday of it or something ya never know...
Good Luck
Sita

khanjar

Are you still looking for a belly dance teacher then? sorry I though you'd found one. I'd invite you too ours shoudn't think you'd have any problems(except prehaps a couple of fawning women lol) but we're in Suffolk on the other side of the country.
Well IMO if you get a positive response I'd go for it - as you said a class is a class she may turn out be a fantastic teacher for all I know it was the trailer and article phrase that got me.
Have you also thought of going to bellydance events and professional workshops around Britain, there's normally a few,? I should have invited you to ours; it would have been perfect especially as the teacher was male so you wouldn't have had any worries at all. I'll remember to get in touch with you for a next day of dance (prolly next summer) prehaps you can make a holiday of it or something ya never know...
Good Luck
Sita

Yes, I had found a teacher, but unfortunately, the class I attended was the last class before the summer, to restart in September, but it would appear that is not going to happen now, as the teacher has moved out of the area to pursue her new career.

So I am back on the hunt.

Workshops, yes I had thought to attend, but I wanted to get some solid tuition under my belt first, as it is enough to be a male in a female dominated enviroment, but a male that is not practised enough for me is too much, I need some classes to increase my comfort level.

And that is very kind of you to suggest what you have, Devon, is a bit far from most things I have noticed, but things go on here, it is just they don't seem that much on the surface and one has to dig deep to find them.

But next year, who knows, I may travel.

khanjar

Well, that is interesting, this dance teacher I am trying to contact, is one I tried to contact before, when I read about her performing at a mystic fair, where she advertised as wanting males to dance as well, so that being that, she was at that time, male friendly, so that is a positive, here's hoping I can make contact.

The reason I could not make contact before, was because I could find no forwarding details, I have just got to find a phone number now.