Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112
    Post Thanks / Like

I have such a hard time with conflict or confrontation of any kind.
    It is okay to retire from a thread, Farasha. When the words get too harsh and the heat of argument becomes an inferno raging out of control, leave those feeding the flames to deal with each other as they see fit and seek more congenial company elsewhere on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, A'isha and Shanazel.

Post Thanks / Like

Default love this phrase

thanks Aisha, I love this "I would say look to the dance and try to see the ways in which you can honor it, instead of looking only at the ways in which it can serve you. When you can do that, THEN you are a dancer"
    so true!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugeniaargentina View Post
    thanks Aisha, I love this "I would say look to the dance and try to see the ways in which you can honor it, instead of looking only at the ways in which it can serve you. When you can do that, THEN you are a dancer"
    so true!

Dear Eugenia,
    Thank you. I think this is one thing wrong in the dance today. Too many dancers don't get that the dance is something that exists outside themselves and they begin to think its all just about them. You see this attitude reflected in many different ways.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha Azar View Post
    Too many dancers don't get that the dance is something that exists outside themselves and they begin to think its all just about them.
    Yes, when in actuality is it all about the audience - the dancer is so very incidental. It took me years to truely understand that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Yes, when in actuality is it all about the audience - the dancer is so very incidental. It took me years to truely understand that.
    I think it's first about the music. The dancer makes the shape and feeling of the music visible for the audience. Yes the audience can reflect energy back to the dancer too.

Cathy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dance

Dear Cathy and Zorba,
    I think that all elements involved are what makes it the dance. What I meant was that we are a part of that process as individuals, but that the dance is far more than just our little egos asserting themselves in the dance process. the music, the movement, the cultural context,the spirit and essence of the dance all must work in harmony in the dancer, who is merely vehicle for this expressive form. I hope that clarifies what I am trying to say a little better.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha Azar View Post
    Dear Cathy and Zorba,
    I think that all elements involved are what makes it the dance. What I meant was that we are a part of that process as individuals, but that the dance is far more than just our little egos asserting themselves in the dance process. the music, the movement, the cultural context,the spirit and essence of the dance all must work in harmony in the dancer, who is merely vehicle for this expressive form. I hope that clarifies what I am trying to say a little better.
    Regards,
    A'isha
    I agree.

Cathy

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112