Post Thanks / Like

Default Introducing myself...

Hi, I'm a Finnish girl currently living in France and I'd love to take part in this forum! Firstly I have to say I'm a complete beginner and absolutely terrified of starting belly dancing as I'm one of the clumsiest people in the world - encouraging comments are welcome...

People here seem lovely by the way. I'll keep you posted - you can be sure I'll be here first thing after my lesson (the provider of which is yet to be decided...).

Have a good day everyone!

Tunturi

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tunturi, welcome to the forum. You may be surprised at how bellydance may help you overcome what you call your clumsiness Go and find the teacher that you feel is right for you, and just enjoy! I was also terrified of beginning belly dance lessons, so to make sure that this was truly for me I actually had 2 private lessons in my home.... I fell in love with the dance in the first 10 mins of my first lesson. I have always lacked confidence, and this dance has tossed that lack of confidence right out the window. I am sure your clumsiness will disappear quite quickly.
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mosaic!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome.
    I have a student of mine who was here for 12 mths. She is from France. Simply beautiful girl, and loved to bellydance.
    She is now back there and dancing with a wonderful teacher (although very disappointed because they don't wear the hip scarves) HEE HEE she loved to dress up in the bling.
    I hope you enjoy your class. (you will)
    Smiles to you from Down Under.
    Lotus Dancer

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya,
    Don't worry as Mosaic says belly dance can help with the clumsiness and help you gain confidence in your overall movement. I'm the sort of person who goes off into the higher limits of my mind while walking along the street/road and like most daydreamers I tend to walk into anything that happens to be in my way but through dance my sense of spacial awareness has greatly improved - helping me to stop banging into everything. However my daydreaming - seems I'm stuck with it
    Welcome and good luck with your dancing !!!
    Sita

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Tunturi !!!!
    Enjoy reading, posting and having fun in this wonderful forum !!

Maria Aya, Greece

Post Thanks / Like

Tervetuloa!
    Glad to see you on the forum! Don't worry about feeling clumsy at first, we have all been through the stage of awkwardness (and sometimes still are in it )
    I hope you'll find lots of useful info at the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the family, Tunturri!

You're not alone in being clumsy. I'm part of that club too but I don't let it bother me as long as I'm learning, albeit slowly, and enjoying myself.

Do tell us more about your first belly dance lesson soon! Take care, girl!

Angela