Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Greetings From Scotland

Hey Everyone

Very new to bellydancing but addicted already.

Hope to learn lots and make new friends

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Nuri, from another who is addicted to BD You just may find that you become just as addicted to the forum as well ... I did!
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, Nuri, we're glad to have you with us. As Mosaic said, bellydance, and this board, are both highly addictive! And if you're like the rest of us here, you don't want to be cured!

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Nope definitely dont want to be cured, like being with likeminded people. Thanks for the welcome ladies

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nuri! Welcome to the family

Like you, I'm also new to belly dancing and this forum but very addicted to both, hehe.

How is the belly dance world in Scotland?

Angela

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Angela

So far the bellydancing world in Scotland is very friendly and the class is so much fun that the hour races by.

How are things in your area?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuri View Post
    Hi Angela. So far the bellydancing world in Scotland is very friendly and the class is so much fun that the hour races by. How are things in your area?
    It is exciting to hear that bellydance is also a big thing in Scotland. I haven't been to Scotland but I read and heard so many beautiful things about your country. I was able to join a very fun-filled Scottish Highland Festival in a castle in Europe around 2-3 years ago - the games, place, people, the food, the shops, music and dances all made the air more festive. Loved the costumes some girls wore - somewhat Gothic inspired.

What are the top spots to visit in Scotland?

Belly dance is becoming bigger in my country and is very well received. In my city though, we are not segregated to different levels which makes it awkward for some.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry for slow response

Havent been on the forum in a while so sorry for the delay.

Top spots to visit in Scotland:

Edinburgh if you want to do the whole history thing and cram it in in one day

For scenery then round about Loch Ness is gorgeous

For something unusual try Glasgow, as well as all the art stuff (See Charles Rennie Macintosh and the Glasgow School of Art) there is The Cathedral and St Mungos museum if you are into religious iconography or for something really different maybe slightly wierd to some but if u like things gothic. Then the Necropolis at the back of the Cathedral in Glasgow.

Its a huge and very old graveyard with big stone and granite monuments and lots of interesting inscriptions to read

Post Thanks / Like

Where in Scotland would I go for isolation, hiking, wildlife, and scenery? I'd like to plan a trip to Scotland but am not too hot on crowds. The necropolis sounds great- I love graveyards.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Isolation

Hey Shanazel

Thats the great thing about most of Scotland is not too far from the towns and cities there is open countryside with nice walks and great scenery.

Even from my village I can take a really short walk and be in the countryside. At the right time of year one of our woods has a carpet of bluebells.

Hiking and stuff well we have the Loch Lommond National Park and anywhere around Loch Ness has great scenery and plenty of places to hike. We have deer and various wild birds not forgetting our long haired Highland cattle of course.

If you want me to find out any more or recommend some websites just gimme a shout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast