Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glute Shimmy

Post Thanks / Like

There you go then. you get all sorts of fierce tickings off for doing the wrong thing, and then someone else can find that actually it is not necessarily as black and white as you think - at least as far as the real thing goes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samira bint Aya View Post
    Dear Nur,

It was nice to see you dance! I liked your shimmy From the video it’s hard to see the movement in detail, is this a hip shimmy partly driven by the knees? Whatever it was it looked nice though!

Strictly speaking, we are not supposed to play finger cymbals with the chiftetelli rhythm. Having said that, Elsa Leandros uses this beautiful pattern: 123 1 123 1 123 1 123 123 123 for slow chifti.

And also, I have discovered old greek recordings from the 1920s where zills are used with slow chiftetelli following the triplet pattern (123 123 123).
    oh im just hard heade with trying to put as many elements in my practices at once so i can multy task.. or get multiply things in a song to gain a certain experiance in my muscle memory. thanks for telling me that though!!!! Never hurts to share thats how we learn new things!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nur Al Leyali View Post
    thingy and here is one on my videos note the shimmy .... Any Pointers?

And those were flutters my cam didnt pick it up cause it hates me!
    I have this one with a shimmy too Take a look...

Oh and check out the improv on that one.... Oh you guys see the booboo I treated it like if i was performing and i modified it into a move quick thinking huh!

Ok in the last one I put it Beacause I have a question ... Is it me or is my hip not going High enough up to make that accent on the hip bumps because if i lock it in it doesnt go as high ...Wut u think of that any feed back?

Oh and sorry for the cymbals (zils) my heart wasnt in it that day
    hi

sorry i can't answer your Q's, but i just wanted to say i think you look great in all 3 of your vids - definitely accomplished more than i have!

Quote Originally Posted by Nur Al Leyali View Post
    I have that DVD by Suhaila i love it but it burns me bootty owwwwyyyy ouchhhyyy and I have a boo boo for 2 days But I will never give up !!!!!! Buns of steel ( or steel plated tin) Here I come baby!!!!!
    oh which one is that?? i'd love to get it!
    Last edited by missanime; 11-05-2008 at 02:39 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123