Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi from aus

Junior Member miraculously_flawed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bellydance Oz View Post
    I assume (by your use of the word "squizz" that Aus means Australia?

I'm from Sydney - welcome! Whose classes are you attending? I recently started going to Terezka's classes and am really enjoying them. I noticed that Urban Qabila has done a lot with fire recently.
    hi bellydance oz, atm im not attending. but yes i have found fire being a popular element ppl are incorporating into dance. i do admit it brings a very interesting appeal with it.

ah im in the hunter region how long have u been dancing for?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello (love your name, and your avatar is something else)
    Welcome to the forum!! Are you wanting to dance with poi's, candles, what sort of instrument? There is so much beautiful dance happening with fire at the moment. It's amazing.
    Last term our girls did a candle dance to an Oliver Shanti track, and the 2 centre ladies did lot's of lovely floor movement whilst balancing flame across there shoulders. It's a Beautiful dance. Very moving piece.
    So is dance a happening thing in your area? Are you teaching?
    Nice to meet you.
    Lotus Dancer

Junior Member miraculously_flawed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Dancer View Post
    Hello (love your name, and your avatar is something else)
    Welcome to the forum!! Are you wanting to dance with poi's, candles, what sort of instrument? There is so much beautiful dance happening with fire at the moment. It's amazing.
    Last term our girls did a candle dance to an Oliver Shanti track, and the 2 centre ladies did lot's of lovely floor movement whilst balancing flame across there shoulders. It's a Beautiful dance. Very moving piece.
    So is dance a happening thing in your area? Are you teaching?
    Nice to meet you.
    Lotus Dancer
    THANKS for the compliments lotus!!

In my area atm,there is quite a bit, however i am planning on moving back to queensland and have decided not to enter back into a group environment as yet. Teaching i am not really looking to do, more so just dance with a couple of females who were taught under the same instructor we are looking to have a bit of fun with it and see how originality goes. I have choreographed other genres hip hop, contemp etc however i have found bellydancing always comes back into it. With the fire, i am looking to see how differently it can be incorporated, not just one area and will muck about to see what interests me.

Would have loved to see the performance, it sounds very moving. I find it very easy to get lost in the love of bellydance, whether spectating or performing.

Where abouts are you from?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun!!! I teach a couple of classes a week. But I really miss just dancing. Teaching and 'dancing' are 2 totally seperate things.
    In Echuca (near Melb) there are my students, and that's it. I don't have other dancers that I can jam with. And I miss that.
    (Although my advanced girls are a scream, and we have loads of fun)
    I would just love to catch up with friends without the teaching aspect creeping in.
    So, your so lucky to have gal/friends that you can get together and bond with.

Where in QLD are you moving too? It's a very happening state for b/d.
    What style do you most enjoy?
    I'm a Tribal Fusion fanatic. Love pretty Oriental as well. Am/Cab's nice too. Tribal rocks.
    I guess I love just about all of it.
    (tried burlesque, didn't really feel the urge to do it again, felt a little uncomfortable with it to be honest)
    Great to meet you.
    (still loving that avatar)
    Lotus Dancer
    Last edited by Lotus Dancer; 10-08-2008 at 11:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12