hi from aus

jenc

Welcome to the Outer Limits - you enter and then suddenly it is hours later. enjoy the site

thanks jenc :D yeah im finding it rather interesting :D its good to be able to speak to ppl who are like minded in aspects of dance etc..... alot of my friends dance but are into completely different genres and people just look at me daft sometimes when i try to explain to them that i had come across a very good sound of drums etc to create a new piece to.

AngelaJP

Welcome to the family, girl!

You're lucky that belly dancing is popular in Australia. Big names have visited you there and great ones are from there too ;)

Have fun!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you play the drums. I am 'trying' to learn, mainly for my own understanding of the music ( it has helped me a lot with zills), I find it very relaxing to dum, es, tek away an hour or so to my own inner drummer:D
~Mosaic

Amri_

Welcome to the family! U will enjoy it here, I'm sure:) Maybe U tel a few words about urself? How lon have U been doing a belly dance?

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you play the drums. I am 'trying' to learn, mainly for my own understanding of the music ( it has helped me a lot with zills), I find it very relaxing to dum, es, tek away an hour or so to my own inner drummer:D
~Mosaic

no unfortunately i don't play the drums have just been fortunate enough to have drum players attend lessons and be present at performances :D

and amri i have been belly dancing for 6 years now ;d and love it. i am currently wanting to start introducing fire into my dances.... i think it brings a magnificent effect to it :D something different and original.... branch out to some solo stuff that is completely choreographed by me.

and thanks everyone for the welcome :D:dance:

Farasha Hanem

Gosh, how did I miss this? oO; Sorry, miraculously flawed! :redface: Welcome to the forum, we're glad that you've joined us. :) I love your user name. :D

I assume (by your use of the word "squizz" that Aus means Australia?

I'm from Sydney - welcome! Whose classes are you attending? I recently started going to Terezka's classes and am really enjoying them. I noticed that Urban Qabila has done a lot with fire recently.

I assume (by your use of the word "squizz" that Aus means Australia?

I'm from Sydney - welcome! Whose classes are you attending? I recently started going to Terezka's classes and am really enjoying them. I noticed that Urban Qabila has done a lot with fire recently.

hi bellydance oz, atm im not attending. but yes i have found fire being a popular element ppl are incorporating into dance. :D i do admit it brings a very interesting appeal with it.

ah im in the hunter region :D how long have u been dancing for?

Lotus Dancer

Hello (love your name, and your avatar is something else)
Welcome to the forum!! Are you wanting to dance with poi's, candles, what sort of instrument? There is so much beautiful dance happening with fire at the moment. It's amazing.
Last term our girls did a candle dance to an Oliver Shanti track, and the 2 centre ladies did lot's of lovely floor movement whilst balancing flame across there shoulders. It's a Beautiful dance. Very moving piece.
So is dance a happening thing in your area? Are you teaching?
Nice to meet you.
Lotus Dancer

Hello (love your name, and your avatar is something else)
Welcome to the forum!! Are you wanting to dance with poi's, candles, what sort of instrument? There is so much beautiful dance happening with fire at the moment. It's amazing.
Last term our girls did a candle dance to an Oliver Shanti track, and the 2 centre ladies did lot's of lovely floor movement whilst balancing flame across there shoulders. It's a Beautiful dance. Very moving piece.
So is dance a happening thing in your area? Are you teaching?
Nice to meet you.
Lotus Dancer

THANKS for the compliments lotus!!

In my area atm,there is quite a bit, however i am planning on moving back to queensland and have decided not to enter back into a group environment as yet. Teaching i am not really looking to do, more so just dance with a couple of females who were taught under the same instructor :D we are looking to have a bit of fun with it and see how originality goes. I have choreographed other genres hip hop, contemp etc however i have found bellydancing always comes back into it. With the fire, i am looking to see how differently it can be incorporated, not just one area and will muck about to see what interests me.

Would have loved to see the performance, it sounds very moving. I find it very easy to get lost in the love of bellydance, whether spectating or performing.

Where abouts are you from?

Lotus Dancer

Sounds like fun!!! I teach a couple of classes a week. But I really miss just dancing. Teaching and 'dancing' are 2 totally seperate things.
In Echuca (near Melb) there are my students, and that's it. I don't have other dancers that I can jam with. And I miss that.
(Although my advanced girls are a scream, and we have loads of fun)
I would just love to catch up with friends without the teaching aspect creeping in.
So, your so lucky to have gal/friends that you can get together and bond with.

Where in QLD are you moving too? It's a very happening state for b/d.
What style do you most enjoy?
I'm a Tribal Fusion fanatic. Love pretty Oriental as well. Am/Cab's nice too. Tribal rocks.
I guess I love just about all of it.
(tried burlesque, didn't really feel the urge to do it again, felt a little uncomfortable with it to be honest)
Great to meet you.
(still loving that avatar)
Lotus Dancer

Last edited: