Multiquote button

Marietta

Hi, whereabouts is the multiquote button? I want to reply to a post and I keep looking for it but I can't find it! I can find the ordinary quote button but not the multi one.

jenc

Hit the quote button for your first quote then copy the coding around it for next quote

Marietta

Thanks for your replies. Cajenne, I didn't get what you meant at first but I think I understand what you both mean now. So I just copy it and put the writing in the middle, so it looks like this:

Hello everyone.

I will have to do that because I still don't have the multiquote button. I just wondered if there was something wrong with my computer because it says there should be one but it's not showing up. Do you both have one? Anyway, thanks!

Marietta

According to the FAQ it says there's one. This is what it says on the FAQ page:

If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button . This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

I've had quite a lot of problems with my computer so I thought it was just messing around but maybe the button just isn't there, lol.

Salome

Administrator
Acckkk don't have a solid answer. I asked Anatoliy and he said he disabled the multi quote deal. I know that when you are replying there is an icon above the message field, you can highlight the text and click the icon and it automatically inserts the quote code. It looks like a little cartoon caption...

Marietta

Thanks for your reply, Salome. I can see the icon you mean. I'll just use that or do what the others suggested :)

PracticalDancer

My own little workaround is to quote the first person I want to refer to by clicking the "quote" button in their message. Then, I submit my reply. My third step is to go to the second person's post, click "quote," and copy their entire text. This will capture both their words and the information as to who wrote it. Fourth (this is a workaround, it's not easy!), I use the back button in my browser to go back to my reply to the first person and use the "edit" feature to paste the second person's text in. If I don't want everything someone writes, I delete the unwanted text, leaving the quote and reference codes in with the text I do want.

Complicated, but it works if you are patient.

Regards,

Anala