Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha Azar View Post
    Dear Farasha,

First, you have to realize that everyone is not in the class for he same reasons that you are, and that different teachers have different methods of teaching and emphasize different things. This was a hard one for me as I want all teachers to teach the whole package, culture, history, dance movement, musical info, etc. The truth is that all teachers have their strong and weak points, which is why we go to more than one of them for classes!!

It is not your place to debunk anything that she is learning, but it is your place to monitor what YOU decide to believe or not believe. when you think she has different info than you, talk to her about it after class and privately, and say something like, "You know when you were talking about the origin of finger cymbals tonight? It reminded me that I was reading an article where so and so said something about using four of them instead of two ( or whatever). Thought I'd share what I had heard with you."

The other thing is that this forum is as likely to have good or bad info as any other place you get info. I love it here, too, but I don;t always read things that make me feel we have the corner on truth in information!

One other important point: Students are at least 50% responsible for their education in dance or any other area of study. This means that those who want to know more can get out there and bust their buns to learn all they can. Any teacher can only take the student so far and then it is necessary for the student to take their own education into their own hands. In the case of your current teacher, it sounds like her students will have to learn about history by researching, joining forums, etc, instead of from her.

She sounds very nice and I think she will grow as a teacher. If she is young and has not been teaching long, she just may surprise you 10 years from now by being a well-rounded, well informed instructor.

Regards,
    A'isha[/QUOTE]

Thank you, A'isha, what you've said makes perfect sense, especially what you said about my not being responsible to "debunk" anything, and that students are 50% responsible for their education. I'm so very glad that no one here is down on her, because she's still young in the dance herself, and even younger in teaching. I'm sure in the years to come, she will continue to grow and mature.

Now then A'isha, orange you glad that I asked for your advice? *snicker* (sorry, sorry, couldn't resist! )

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post

Now then A'isha, orange you glad that I asked for your advice? *snicker* (sorry, sorry, couldn't resist! )

Dear Gang,
    OOOHHHMMMMYYYYGGGOOOODDDD!!!!! It's like the Plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Even perfectly lovely people like Farasha are getting it now. Shanazelitis is spreading throughout the land and there is no vaccination!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HHHEEELLLPPPP!!!!!!! I'm berry, berry afraid for us all!!!!!
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Shanazelitis???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shanazelitis

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Shanazelitis???

Dear One,
    You are the main carrier of this horrendous ailment and so I feel it is only a very fitting and just honor that I have bestowed upon you by naming it for you.
    Your name will go down in medical and agricultural history right after I write a paper about it that will be published in JAMA and the Blueberry and Nicotine Patch Times.
    With very respectful regards,
    A'isha Hemmingway

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose it will be called, "For Whom The Bellpepper Tolls?"

Post Thanks / Like

Default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    I suppose it will be called, "For Whom The Bellpepper Tolls?"
    Dear Shanazel,
    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    With love,
    Whoever I am

Post Thanks / Like

if you lot get too arty you could choke........

Post Thanks / Like

Choke, or be carrotted....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Choke, or be carrotted....
    or cabbaged.....preferably at the Savoy of course!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are killing me i'm trying to pretend to be working here!