Hello All from the St. Louis Area of Illinois USA

bekidancer

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm new to this board even though I've seen some of you around on Bhuz and Tribe for a while now.

I'm just getting back into dance now that my baby is old enough to be without me for a couple hours.

Beki

Last edited:

Aisha Azar

Dance

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Jew to this oard even though I've seen some of you around on Bhuz and Tribe for a while now.

Just getting back into dance now that my baby is old enough to be without for a couple hours.

Beki

Dear Beki,
Do you know Sedonia? If not, I hope you will hook up with her. She lives right down there somewhere by St. Louis Missouri. She is one of my favorite people in the world of belly dance.
Regards,
A'isha

bekidancer

Wow! How many typos are in my first post?! Can you go back and edit on this board? (Nevermind: I found it! Wasn't logged in before so it wasn't there to see!)

Re: Sedonia - She was in my student show. My instructor Lauren knows her. I'm sure I'll meet her one of these days.

Aisha Azar

Sedonia

Wow! How many typos are in my first post?! Can you go back and edit on this board? (Nevermind: I found it! Wasn't logged in before so it wasn't there to see!)

Re: Sedonia - She was in my student show. My instructor Lauren knows her. I'm sure I'll meet her one of these days.

Dear Beki,
I am sure you will really like her! She has a great deal of knowledge, is a good dancer, and is really nice besides.
Regards,
A'isha

Nuri

AH St Louis

That used to be like a 2nd home to me, my best friend in the world lives near there and used to fly in via ORD to go see her a few times a year.

Give my regards to the old place

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi Beki, welcome to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy being part of this large but friendly community.
~Mosaic

Lotus Dancer

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.
Great to hear your back into the swing of things.
Smiles to you from Down Under.
Lotus Dancer.

AmiraRayne

Hi! You said Lauren was your instructor? Of Lotus Arts Studio right? I go to classes there...i'm in Level 4 on Wednesdays and the Saturday Hips Afire! group.

bekidancer

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

Amira Rayne - Yes, Lauren of Lotus Arts. That's fantastic that you are in Hips Afire. I was part of the original group before Lauren started her studio. I would love to be part of the reperatory group but it'll have to wait until my kiddos get older. One evening per week is all I can spare right now. I've been trying to get back to class for a while now but I had to wait until our house in Texas rented. (The $$ got really tight carrying that mortgage.) We now have renters lined up and I can come back next session. I'm not yet sure if I'll be rejoining the Level 4 Choreo class or if I'll do drills. I'll send Lauren a message sometime next month to get a recommendation. I'm sad that I missed the Melaya Leff choreo. I always though that would be a fun one to do. I'm looking forward to meeting you soon!

AmiraRayne

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

Amira Rayne - Yes, Lauren of Lotus Arts. That's fantastic that you are in Hips Afire. I was part of the original group before Lauren started her studio. I would love to be part of the reperatory group but it'll have to wait until my kiddos get older. One evening per week is all I can spare right now. I've been trying to get back to class for a while now but I had to wait until our house in Texas rented. (The $$ got really tight carrying that mortgage.) We now have renters lined up and I can come back next session. I'm not yet sure if I'll be rejoining the Level 4 Choreo class or if I'll do drills. I'll send Lauren a message sometime next month to get a recommendation. I'm sad that I missed the Melaya Leff choreo. I always though that would be a fun one to do. I'm looking forward to meeting you soon!
Well, it will be nice to meet you...and the Melaya Leff was a fun choreography! Too bad you didn't get to learn it with us...maybe she'll teach it in the future?