Another newbie from Scotland

daisywitch

Hi everybody, just joined up to this forum yesterday (actually my first forum wooo!). I've been dancing on and off (mostly off) for quite a few years now but have only recently had my interest re awakened. I think its great now how much info you can get through the net especially through forums like this and tribe. When I first started dancing all you could get was the odd video which everybody would get really excited about and play until the tape got chewed up by the machine!!. I think I'm already addicted to this forum, the knowledge available is amazing and reading about other dancers and their lives and goals is very inspiring.
Away to see if I can even remember how to do a hip slide!
Daisywitch X

Nuri

Scots Way Hay

Hi Daisywitch

Good to see a fellow Scot here at last. I am sure muscle memory will kick in and you'll be thrilling us all with your skills in no time.

Look forward to getting to know you beter

daisywitch

Hi Nuri, thanks for the welcome! Do you know what is happening in the "scene" in Scotland with regard to teachers, haflas etc, I've lost touch with everything! My teacher was Hilary Thacker along with any visiting workshop teachers. I used to work in Hilary's Bazaar and dance in Gulnars so I was pretty involved for a while but I moved due to child care problems and slowly lost touch with people, bad me. I've treated myself to a few great dvds recently but would love to attend some classes/workshops so if you have any info that would be appreciated.

Nuri

Info

From what youve said take it you are east coast then. Most of the stuff I know about is Central or Glasgow way.

There is a website that has some teachers details on forgotten the site address for now but will look it up for you.

There are some workshops Glasgow way at end of October, tribal style. And also some at end of November, Cabaret Style.

My teacher has combined with another to have a Hafla at end of November but dont know if its an open one or just for two teachers classes plus guest performers.

Will look you up that site and post in be back in a tick

Here ya go

The Bellydance Club : About Us

Last edited:

jenc

hi you two. looks like there is plenty going on up there. I'm jealous. enjoy the Forum

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi Daisywitch, welcome to the forum or should I say 'your new addiction! :lol: it is an enjoyable addiction though and not bad for your health;)
~Mosaic

Lotus Dancer

Hello Daisywitch,
Welcome to the Forum.
Good Luck with your workshop search.
Enjoy posting.
Smiles to you.
Lotus Dancer.