I'm on Facebook... are you?

shiradotnet

I think when you look in on a forum it often appears worse than it is.

I think when you know the characters.. (like in a soap), you understand things a little better and it appears less intense.

I think you have to get to know someone through their posts and see that this is who they are, and it is not always a fight.

I completely agree. So far, a number of the active folks I've seen here are ones that I know from other corners of the net - I recognize people here from bhuz, tribe, and med-dance list. I feel like I've walked into a party where I know a lot of people - enough to feel comfortable - but there are some new faces too, enough to make it interesting.

miskay25

New to this as well

HI there i am new to this as well and looking to make some new friends..I from Toronto and have been dancing for 2 years....please get back to me...take care ladies...

Farasha Hanem

Hi Farasha! Thanks for helping me feel welcome here! I don't know whether I'm the one that everyone talks about here, because I haven't seen those threads, but I AM the one with the shira.net web site!

And Caroline, I'm tip-toeing in to see how things go. Thanks for the welcome!

"shira.net"---yep, the one and the same! Your website is recommended here all the time. I go there a lot myself for information. Your site is so helpful, and you're definitely awesome! I'm so glad you joined here. :D

Geez, after reading this thread, and seeing all the neat people on FaceBook, maybe I ought to pop in a little more often. :think: I still don't like all those apps, but oh well. :D

shiradotnet

I still don't like all those apps, but oh well.

Here's a facebook secret - if there's an app you find annoying, there's a way to block it. If you block an app, other people can't send you stuff with it. I personally like the hatching eggs, so I do have that app, but I've blocked a bunch of the others that just didn't suit my personality.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum Miskay25:)

As for facebook I think I joined ages ago, never use it, can't even remember my ID or what email I used there either. I stick with this forum, put in an appearance on Bhuz ( Sagira over there) I am on Multiply. I think I have a myspace account as well, another one I don't bother with:D
~Mosaic

miskay25

OK, thanks for your welcoming...so what usually goes on in these forums...what is the usual conversation??? Where are you from? I'm from Canada...Toronto to be exact..

Mosaic

Super Moderator
OK, thanks for your welcoming...so what usually goes on in these forums...what is the usual conversation??? Where are you from? I'm from Canada...Toronto to be exact..

I am a New Zealander but live in Melbourne Australia.

Read through some of the posts and you will see that we talk about all sorts of things. someone may ask a question about something they want to know about bellydance, or may have something interesting to share. If you read some posts and also look at the different sections of the forum, you will see where to post things.

There are sections related to costumes, videos, instructors & students, beauty/fitness etc also an off topic section.

Cheers
~Mosaic

Mya

Heya, I'm on FB too; although i don't update it regularly. Look for Mya Alexander. =)

:dance:

Hi there! you've been so kind and friendly to me! I'm on facebook and I like to keep in touch with friends there... if you're interested just drop me a line ;)

viviana leveghi

bye, take care and... SHAKE IT! :clap:

Hi everyone, been on facebook a while now, Im easy to find, not many Atlantis's who belly dance! :lol:
Going to log in now and find you all, see you on facebook!

Sorah

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum and semi-new to belly dancing.
Is there a bellydance group on facebook?
Thanks.

chryssanthi sahar

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum and semi-new to belly dancing.
Is there a bellydance group on facebook?
Thanks.

There are some belly dance groups on facebook:D One of them is my group "Oriental Flow" Search Names | Facebook
But there are lot more groups than that. I am member in quite some, so if you become my facebook friend you can trace different groups, I'm involved with;)

Moon

Me too now, look for "Sarah Vb".

(You'll find several but I'm the one with the happy one person picture)