mermaid belly dance

gilda1979

hej girls!

well, I have a rehearsal tonight and we are going to be mermaids, not choreography just improvisation for one hour... I'm a little bit nervous, it is first time for me as a mermaid, and I will be dancing close to the swimming pool... hopefully i won't slip :lol:

any advice for tonight? thanks

Mya

honey watch out for water on the edge of the pool and try not to spin too much lest you lose your balance and topple in!

I had to dance near pools quite a couple times (damn these dancer unfriendly locations!) and it was a little scary!

Caroline_afifi

I was a 'Siren' once in a production written by Wendy Buonaventura called Mimi La Sardine. It was the story were the Sirens lured the sailors to their deaths on the rocks.

I think you have to have your bottom half rooted and use the top half of your body and arms.

Mermaids do not stand... they have 'fishy bottoms' ;)

gilda1979

Hello!

Thanks for the advices... the performance was so good, my teacher was so happy with our dancing and the organizers as well... I think they might hire us again, we will see.... the only problem was to wash off all the paint that we got :confused:, as mermaids my teacher painted half of our bodies and faces with green and blue colors and she made some patterns with glitters and crystals... when I took a shower, Oh my god!!!, it took me almost 2 hours to get it off and I still have some color and glitter in my back, hair, nails and one of my legs :( hopefully I will need two more showers to clean all my body :lol:

but I enjoyed to be mermaid for one night ;)

Ankebuzz

hehe, glad you had fun, but all that make up sounds like a mess!

hope you get booked there again! (maybe investigate less sticky paints :p )

hehe, glad you had fun, but all that make up sounds like a mess!

hope you get booked there again! (maybe investigate less sticky paints :p )

a good trick for body paint, if its just for a an hour or so is children's poster paint mixed with liquid soap, it washes out easily, but as I haven't tried dancing with it before, maybe do a test run!