The challenge of a dance career in Egypt.. any type of dance...

gypsy8522

Hi again,

Generally people get tested to find out if they have the virus or not.

Depending on where you live in the world, will depend on what sort of treatment you will get (if any).

Of course once people know they have the virus, they can stop having sex with others without protection and can be careful about their own body fluids.

Or... they could go around having sex with others without protection and not be careful about their own body fluids, since they are already infected.

karena

Or... they could go around having sex with others without protection and not be careful about their own body fluids, since they are already infected.

Wow that's quite a way of seeing human nature. That makes me quite sad. Sorry, maybe I'll wish I bit my tongue, but it really makes me sad to see people like that.

Tarik Sultan

Hi again,

Generally people get tested to find out if they have the virus or not.

Depending on where you live in the world, will depend on what sort of treatment you will get (if any).

Of course once people know they have the virus, they can stop having sex with others without protection and can be careful about their own body fluids.

In Egypt, I am aware of some who get tested to prove they are 'clean' to marry women who are little concerned about their history.

This evidence means f*** all because a person can contract the virus whilst waiting for the results if they are still sleeping around without a condom.

I am uncertain about the level of use of condoms within the Gay community in Egypt.
My guess is that it will be a small amount practising with condoms because of the level of availability. Also, like many men, Egyptian men do not like condoms and do not feel the need to wear one.

This level of ignorance is a potential death penalty.

A number of years ago I was asked to do research into male prostitution (known as 'renting'). I went to spend some time working with the health authority in the Netherlands in order to share practice and perhaps bring new ideas back to the UK.

I had done this before and had spent time working with female prostitutes in Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
You may not think an organised health system does not work but it totally does. For every person treated, 100 less are infected.

When I was first working in Holland, I was impressed with the advanced attitudes towards this field of work.

My boss was this fantastic women who was a former heroin,crack using prostitute from New York who got herself clean and wanted to help others.

However, second time around when working with the men, I met with some very strange attitudes. There are lots of men from North Africa working in prostitution in Amsterdam around the area of Central Station.
They work for a few months then take the money back to their families in villages and towns in Morocco and Algeria.

The authorities decided not to test these men because 'treatment was not available in their own countries, so what was the point?'

I was so disgusted I left Holland within one week. I had numerous meetings and battles with various people within the health authority and what I found was a disturbing level of racism.

They sat and smiled at me, mocked my Liverpool accent and thought I was generally nuts to suggest that their handling of this situation could cause innocent people to be infected in North Africa and die.

I hope for the many people who have been affected by this, Holland has had a change of heart and developed it's policies.

I left this field of work shortly after and decided not to return for the good of my own health.

I do believe that AIDS is real, but I don't ascribe to the HIV=AIDS theory. Let's just put it this way, a combination of drug use, multiple sexually transmitted diseases and poor nutrition will reek havoc on anyone's immune system.

I think the racist attitude in the Netherlands is ultimately counter productive. They may not give two hoots about whether or not some wogs from Africa get infected, but what they don't realize is that those wogs are potentially infecting god knows how many of their own citizens. A lot of the guys who frequent male prostitutes are probably married, otherwise, why couldn't they just go meet a regular guy? They are living double lives and exposing themselves and their families to god only knows what. Syphilis, hepatitis, gonorrhea and all the other are still out there and growing in infection rates.
When are people going to wake up and realize that all our lives are interconnected? You can't shit in your neighbors side of the drinking hole and think nothing of it when we all have to drink from the same bloody pond! Sooner or later, the shit drifts over to your side too whether you like it or not and there's nothing you can do to stop it. The only solution IS TO NOT CRAP IN THE WATER I THE FIRST PLACE!. The only way to protect yourself, is to protect everyone.

Pirika Repun

Wow that's quite a way of seeing human nature. That makes me quite sad. Sorry, maybe I'll wish I bit my tongue, but it really makes me sad to see people like that.

Unfortunately, some people DO this kind of things. I received e-mail from my friend that include YouTube address, and when I watch the video, a guy claimed himself had HIV or AIDS (I forgot which one) and he listed like 10 or 20 women's name who he called "whore" "bitch" and all other names. He said that he would spread his virus to all these women. I don't remember what was his motivation, but I assume that one of these women gave him virus, so he wanted to revenge?

I also know a lady (actually my friend's friend who I never met her) she married a guy with AIDS and have a kid. He didn't tell her he had AIDS and she got AIDS from him. Fortunately their child is NOT infected and healthy. The sad part is this woman is also victim of domestic abuse. She didn't want to go to shelter, so she escaped to friend who live other state. However, many other victims of domestic abuse, the lady back to her husband. I don't know what are they doing right now. I hope she go back to her own country, but maybe it'll be more harder for her live with AIDS with her family and biracial child in conservative society... It's really sad and f$%&ed up.

Back in the 80s when I was still in my country, and we knew about AIDS, we just knew this epidemic was deadly and untreatable. It was NOT related anything with gay people. Some said this started monky in Africa. That's it. So that's why when I moved in the US in 1990, I was very surprised that many people believed that AIDS was only spread in GAY community and onky gay people infected, and they blamed on them! Actually one of my Jazz dance teacher, he was my inspired died by AIDS. I didn't know he was infected and he didn't show any sign for his sickness for the students. Yes, he was gay, but I don't know how he infected by AIDS. He died like 15 years ago.... He was still young maybe late 20s or around 30.....:( I still miss him. :(

I think US just wanted blamed on gay community for spread this epidemic and make feel bad for them. Because in the reality, not only gay people, but huge amount of heterosexual people are infected by intercourse and other drug usages. Sometimes just make me sick these homophobic people and some religious influences. However, 'll shut up, I just don't want to go deeper with gay and religious discussion.

karena

Unfortunately, some people DO this kind of things.

Of course the odd person does. The odd person does all sorts. But you don't base a policy on that.

But there are also lots of urban myths being spread around too. Someone might post that on youtube to spread prejudice too. Try typing aids into Snopes.com and see what you find....

Caroline_afifi

I do believe that AIDS is real, but I don't ascribe to the HIV=AIDS theory. Let's just put it this way, a combination of drug use, multiple sexually transmitted diseases and poor nutrition will reek havoc on anyone's immune system.

Are you talking about 'all HIV leads to AIDS'but not every case of AIDS is caused by HIV?' as far as i am aware, this is a reality rather than a theory.
Things may have changed since I was involved with this line of work.

I think the racist attitude in the Netherlands is ultimately counter productive. They may not give two hoots about whether or not some wogs from Africa get infected, but what they don't realize is that those wogs are potentially infecting god knows how many of their own citizens. A lot of the guys who frequent male prostitutes are probably married, otherwise, why couldn't they just go meet a regular guy? They are living double lives and exposing themselves and their families to god only knows what. Syphilis, hepatitis, gonorrhea and all the other are still out there and growing in infection rates.
When are people going to wake up and realize that all our lives are interconnected? You can't shit in your neighbors side of the drinking hole and think nothing of it when we all have to drink from the same bloody pond! Sooner or later, the shit drifts over to your side too whether you like it or not and there's nothing you can do to stop it. The only solution IS TO NOT CRAP IN THE WATER I THE FIRST PLACE!. The only way to protect yourself, is to protect everyone.

YEP, having said that, they were basing this on the assumption that all the men in the area where now using condoms and igiots who choose not to do so at their own risk. It is amazing how many will pay 'extra' not to use a condom.

Try and get your head around that.

gypsy8522

This is called Murder.

Not in legal terms, since it's really hard to prove. There were many cases in the recent years of people who had infected others on purpose, such as one story I watched on CNN about an athelete who found out he was HIV positive and knowingly passed on the virus to his girlfriend as a form of revenge. Unfortunately, we do not live in a world where everyone is ethical, and these things happen.

Caroline_afifi

Not in legal terms, since it's really hard to prove. There were many cases in the recent years of people who had infected others on purpose, such as one story I watched on CNN about an athelete who found out he was HIV positive and knowingly passed on the virus to his girlfriend as a form of revenge. Unfortunately, we do not live in a world where everyone is ethical, and these things happen.

We did have a case in the UK and the man was imprisoned. Of course it can be proved. There were 7 women or maybe more involved over about 10 years.

This guy did this with intent and it was proved.

Tarik Sultan

Ahh but Gypsy it was on the zionist racist CNN. How can you believe anything they say?

karena

There were many cases in the recent years of people who had infected others on purpose, such as one story I watched on CNN about an athelete who found out he was HIV positive and knowingly passed on the virus to his girlfriend as a form of revenge.

Can you just define for me many?

masrawy

more than two

Can you just define for me many?

Hey Karena,
I hope is OK to get in ... "many" is more than two ;) up to nine. 10 or more we have very specific word for in Arabic
" Aosbaa or 3osbaa" I am not sure you have English equivalent !!

Aisha Azar

Numbers

Hey Karena,
I hope is OK to get in ... "many" is more than two ;) up to nine. 10 or more we have very specific word for in Arabic
" Aosbaa or 3osbaa" I am not sure you have English equivalent !!

Dear Mahmoud,
Actually we have a very precise word in English too, that means between several and many. It is "oodles", as in "Oodles of people will turn out to vote today without knowing a damn thing about the candidate for whom they cast a ballot". Another very precise number is "Bunches", meaning more than several but perhaps not as much as many, as in "Bunches of us actually believe we have a say in who the president will be." Then there is "Bazillions", which is a very scientific and precise word meaning more than 17, as in "Bazillions of ballots will be either miscast or jury rigged to sway the outcome of the election."
Regards,
A'isha Einstein Buckley
Math genius and Political commentator extraordinaire

masrawy

Dear Mahmoud,
Actually we have a very precise word in English too, that means between several and many. It is "oodles", as in "Oodles of people will turn out to vote today without knowing a damn thing about the candidate for whom they cast a ballot". Another very precise number is "Bunches", meaning more than several but perhaps not as much as many, as in "Bunches of us actually believe we have a say in who the president will be." Then there is "Bazillions", which is a very scientific and precise word meaning more than 17, as in "Bazillions of ballots will be either miscast or jury rigged to sway the outcome of the election."
Regards,
A'isha Einstein Buckley

:lol::lol::lol:

Dear A'isha,

I'll email you once I get to may office ... after I vote of course any recommendation Who I should vote for ?? ;)

Mahmoud

Aisha Azar

Voting

:lol::lol::lol:

Dear A'isha,

I'll email you once I get to may office ... after I vote of course any recommendation Who I should vote for ?? ;)

Mahmoud

Dear Mahmoud,
I would vote for my brother if I were you. Just write in "A'isha's brother". In a real fix, for years when he is not running, I usually vote for Chelsea Clinton because I like the name "President CC". I sometimes also vote for a cartoon character named Sponge Bob Squarepants. We could use a few people like him in office. He is innocent and dumb, much better than the guy in office right now, who is dumb but not so innocent. ( Gosh, and then I wonder why the Feds hassle me....) Anyway, may the people of the United Stares miraculously get a leader who actually cares about US!!!!!
Regards,
A'isha

Shanazel

Dear Mahmoud,
Regards,
A'isha Einstein Buckley

You forgot to include scads, heaps, piles, tons, forty-eleven, and "a gracious plenty" the last which is more of a southernism than wider USA usage.:)

masrawy

What would you do ??

Dear A'isha,
I will not take any advice from you already have my own problems with big brother. I hope it's not your brother besides, I already have the A'isha syndrome I haven't recovered yet from.

I already voted for Palin since McCain will not make it through his first term, and she will become the president of the United States. Only kidding .. the thing is, in New Jersey we have a poll yes or no questions in two different issues you can't read it is too small. I have been checking for the past three days, what is this all about basically nobody knew what it is. The first one is about financing something, maybe giving them your first born child. The second was something about judges :confused:. What would you do ?? :think: I voted no it seems to me, whoever put it there is banking on voting yes or leave it blank.
Best regards~Mahmoud

jenc

You forgot shedloads a Brit saying which I believe is a euphamism for ..................

Aisha Azar

Vote

Dear A'isha,
I will not take any advice from you already have my own problems with big brother. I hope it's not your brother besides, I already have the A'isha syndrome I haven't recovered yet from.

I already voted for Palin since McCain will not make it through his first term, and she will become the president of the United States. Only kidding .. the thing is, in New Jersey we have a poll yes or no questions in two different issues you can't read it is too small. I have been checking for the past three days, what is this all about basically nobody knew what it is. The first one is about financing something, maybe giving them your first born child. The second was something about judges :confused:. What would you do ?? :think: I voted no it seems to me, whoever put it there is banking on voting yes or leave it blank.
Best regards~Mahmoud

Dear Mahmoud,
Oh, all right. Well this morning from reading the newspaper, it looks like the person I wanted will be in the White House.... as the president's wife....
Regards,
A'isha