i am looking for a dancer, for Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
If I was 30 years younger Lydia, i would be down on bended knees, begging you to pick me :lol:

You are very wise to take your time to make the right choice for all concerned. I am another avid watcher of this thread.

You will make the right choice even if it ends up at this point one of no choice.
~Mosaic

Lydia

If I was 30 years younger Lydia, i would be down on bended knees, begging you to pick me :lol:

You are very wise to take your time to make the right choice for all concerned. I am another avid watcher of this thread.

You will make the right choice even if it ends up at this point one of no choice.
~Mosaic

You are correct Mosaic,its not nice for me to say sorry but i dont think you are what this customer is looking for ...but i think better than having a situation ,like the dancer not beeing happy ,i have helped treu the years dozens of dancers working in the uae crying their eyes out and wanted to go home,because sleezy agents ,corrupt contracts or even just beeing so lonely not allowed out of the hotel after 19.00 at night,or salaris not beeing payd for months....Than on the other side,i have seen ,,dancers,,coming here and the hotel managers begging me please teach her i am stuck with this girl and she dont know how to walk let alone perform...because he booked her treu a agent that just shows a cute face in a bellydance outfit...and in this country you can not just swob easy...you have to fly in a new dancer from another country and prepare her workpermit and visa that is time consuming so that hotel manager ends up without entertainment for at least a month,so they usely are forsed to keep a girl like that ,till they process the new dancer,s papers...so its realy important to me i find the one that is good perhaps i can pick more than 1 because this company needs dancers all year around for a few years to come...so i keep on looking ...have a nice day all

Lotus Dancer

Oh my Lydia,
This sounds wonderful. What an opportunity!!! Yes I think I too would love the Desert. What style do you think they would be looking for? Someone versatile who can offer several styles?
I will send you my videos.
(and your professional conduct and honesty is refreshing)
Lotus

Tarabelly

Hi Lydia!

I have a friend Sheyla who I think would be great for the job, I will send her this link.

I'd love to do it, so at some point I will record and send you my classical videos. Most of my gigs want props props props, so most of my videos are that. It's a refreshing concept to actually have a gig that values DANCE!

xo, Tara

ps Did Reema mention I met her here in Bangkok? She was a real treat to have in the audience and beautiful dancer!

Lydia

Hi Tara..... i have 4 Reema in the class i dont know who of the 4 it was...but i have a feeling about 1 .hahahah she is a fun girl ,she is in my beginners level just gone to intermed..... its december and i did not see the girls this month we have to many holiday,s eid and national day so from this month school is only open for 1 week....but sure i will find out when i am back in school....i am looking foreward to your video,s please send them ....Lydia

Lydia

Hi Mashrawy lol ,no ,, madrassa,, is not the good word!! just kidding we just call it the ,,ballet centre,, because we do all kind of dancing there.....but the other school where i teach called ,,nady,, what is club i am sure you know...here in the uae it is still not allowed to open a real school for oriental dancing only...so by having a ballet centre i can teach there ...there are so many dancers in this country but still its a hush hush thing when it comes to the point its a sensetive issue realy....we have so many people that love this art but then again so many people are against it because their religion
So all i can do is teaching it and explaining it in a nice and beautiful way so nobody can say something bad,and just hope for the best that we can keep doiing this...have a nice day ...Lydia

MadamHabib

The Gig in Dubai

Hi Lydia, I found out about this gig thru my friend Tara who I met in India last winter. I am interested in this gig.... I have expierence travelling in the Arab world and have been BellyDancing for 15 yrs. My website is MadamHabib.com is you would like to check me out.

Happy new Year!
beebs

Tarabelly

This is the style that seems more preferred in India, or at least what the clients have been requesting from me for the past 3 years. Non traditional music and very showy Las Vegas feel. The more props the better. I think that's because people are not so familiar with the dance in India, so I could do the most beautiful technical dance and it would be less appreciated than a show of balancing skill with props.

YouTube - Tara Star Belly Dance Wings

Now in Bangkok I've been performing 1 hour and 15 minutes show, 6 nights a week, for almost 3 months. Mix of traditional raqs sharki, new age/techno, props like sword, goblets, wings, fire fingers, shamadan. Its a bit of a circus! :dance:

natalierice83

Hi Lydia

I am a professional dancer, choreographer originally from England. I have been performing in America for the last year on both sides of the media scale.
I visited Dubai on holiday and was hugely intrigued and I am interested in experiencing life here. I am currently the Head of a dance school back in the UK called Fusion Urban Moves. However, as much as I enjoy my present job I have come to the point where I now wish to expand and build upon my career with the right company.

I would love any further information and if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask!

Hope you have a great day!

Lydia

Hi Tara and habeeb...i cant watch any video,s on youtube at the moment there is a net problem in the medeteranian area and we have to suffer a bit it seems as well soon when i can watch the clips i will pm both of you ...thanks very much for mailing its getting finaly where i wanna go!!!have a great day Lydia

masrawy

rahamah 3leana

cant watch any video,s on youtube at the moment there is a net problem in the medeteranian area and we have to suffer a bit

Sweet lady, sometimes this is " rahamah 3leana miyn 3nd rabena " have a nice day and may God increase your blessing~;)

karena

Lydia you could have made this into a TV show! All the dancers could come and compete and the public could vote them out by phone week by week. Then you could all go on tour! I'd be watching. Maybe next time... ;)

masrawy

I am in ...

may I be one of the judges .... I wonder which one will be? :think: may be S..... :lol:

Tarabelly

Lydia you could have made this into a TV show! All the dancers could come and compete and the public could vote them out by phone week by week. Then you could all go on tour! I'd be watching. Maybe next time... ;)

Is this being done with belly dance? I think I saw a Dans Oryental show in Turkey with male and female duets.

Lydia... Thanks for checking out my videos when you can get on youtube!
xo Tara

karena

Is this being done with belly dance? I think I saw a Dans Oryental show in Turkey with male and female duets.

I have a hunch it is done is some places. I think people have posted stuff here, but I can't understand the language to figure out what is going on. I think there was something from Russia (?) too where they did different dances each week, and one was ballydance. But I think Lydia's show would be better!

Lydia

HAHAHA.....I LOVE THE IDEA!!!!! it surprising that i still get mails about this ...its great....i hope at the end i can make some people happy aswell!!! its not always that easy i was thinking it will be quik fix but there are so many ,,buts ,,from both sides, i hope in the end i will get some of you ladys this to come to Dubai...that will be realy realy nice...hope that youtube is back in town soon!!! have a great day everybody......

MadamHabib

Dubai gig

Hi Lydia, I am in the process of posting more videos on you tube so you may have a few more examples of my dancing. Please be patient as I am not so great at converting files and such...

To answer your pay question. I guess that would depend on how many shows a night. How long are the sets, and how many costume changes.

If it was something like one show a night, 3 sets, about 15 minutes long and maybe about 3 costume changes and dancing 6 nights a week. I would ask for $2500 a month. Not including airfair, rent etc.

How soon would the contract start? I have no children or pets and can have someone run my costume biz while i am gone.

Happy Holidays!
Beebs

Status
Not open for further replies.