A Few Hot Belly Dancer Costumes

AngelaJP

KARENA: Obviously young. :D The head is actually an amalgamation of Larry Hagman's face and Barbara Eden's hairdo from the Sixties TV series "I Dream of Genie."
Caroline: I think you could be excused for saying that on technical grounds. :lol: ...Considering the fact that it consists of 2 parts male (face and chest, {the chest was random, not Larry Hagman's ;) }) and 2 parts female (Body and hair) it would be difficult not to acheive a "camp" effect

Mahmoud (Masrawy), I thought that was your face (and torso?) in the photoshopped photo! Hahahaha! :lol:

Erik

I've been wondering for a very long time, so now I'll ask.

Could the original post have been a joke? A gag? A prank? If it had been started on April 1 instead of October 23 I would think so. Even when I was a child I would not have mistaken that for a BD costume. It's a Halloween costume, or maybe (from the way she is posing) a bedroom fantasy costume. It looks flimsy enough to come flying off of her if she attempted to belly dance in it.

goddessyasaman

OMG This is just sad it really is as well as insulting. I did a gig where the theme was harem nights. Of course they hire myself and another belly dancer to perform. Some chick comes up in the middle of our performance wearing this costume in black giving it up. She tried to turn it into a dance off. Notice I said tried. The dancer and I turned the soptlight on her since that is what she wanted and she froze up. We danced with her then continued on with our routine. I was so insulted when this was over!!! :mad:

Awsome you rock :clap:, yea I would have also been upset, really her trying to go against real belly dancers thats just funny:naghty:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I've been wondering for a very long time, so now I'll ask.

Could the original post have been a joke? A gag? A prank? If it had been started on April 1 instead of October 23 I would think so. Even when I was a child I would not have mistaken that for a BD costume. It's a Halloween costume, or maybe (from the way she is posing) a bedroom fantasy costume. It looks flimsy enough to come flying off of her if she attempted to belly dance in it.
I believe it was a seller trying to sell her gawd-awful costumes and she bit off more than she could chew;)
~Mosaic

Erik

Thanks Mosaic. Granted, in the last four or so years I have visited this web site quite infrequently, but this one keeps getting bumped to the top, and I have enjoyed reading the comments.

The word "hot" was a red flag. It didn't belong here. Real belly dancing costumes are "beautiful." The Halloween-Mardi Gras costumes are "hot." I would think that even a spammer would know that.

I wouldn't have liked this thirty years ago when I was 16, and I don't like it now. No belly dancer in the world would wear that or pose like that. She's probably an underwear model.

LadyLoba

I had to look at this thread...lol....those aren't even belly dance costumes...that's lingerie that's loosely based on belly dance costumes...very loosely based.

It would be like wearing a micromini or a pair of hot pants, a lacey bra, and an open suit jacket and heels and saying that's my "professional office attire" costume or ordering one of those "naughty nurse" things at Halloween.