JAMIL - 'the evolution of bellydance, through a males perspective...'

Jamil

Hey all... for those who find their way in sydney in the next month. why not come along?
:D

YouTube - JAMIL- The evolution of bellydance, a male perspective...
View attachment 1884
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NB PRODUCTIONS presents;
JAMIL - 'the Evolution of Belly Dance, Through a Males Perspective...'

Time and Place Date: Friday, November 28, 2008
Time: 8:00pm - 11:00pm
Street: Corner of City Rd and Cleveland St
City/Town: Darlinghurst, Australia

Overview:
Belly dance as an art has evolved dramatically in the last century. From the pioneering days, through to the golden era to the modern glitz that is oriental dancing, belly dancing has seen many facades that have sculpted and structured the alluring art form.

As belly dance generates newer followers, non-stereotypical enthusiasts are flocking to the dance style in an attempt to capture a sense of its mysteriousness and invoke in an understanding of the oriental past.

Jamil, (one of Sydney’s premiere belly dancers), takes to the stage in a one night only event to explore the past, present and future of belly dance. Focusing on the major periods in the East, the influences that have shaped the accompanying dance form are projected through the interpretation of melodic Arabian rhythm and beats.

Using a variety of belly dance styles from across the world and prop techniques Jamil conveys to audiences that the dance of the Middle East is much more profound then extravagant costuming and a series of hip movements that is specific to females.

For tickets please log onto:

Seymour Centre - The University of Sydney or phone box office on 9351 7940

Please note limited seats are available.

Tarik Sultan

Hey all... for those who find their way in sydney in the next month. why not come along?

YouTube - JAMIL- The evolution of bellydance, a male perspective...
View attachment 1884
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NB PRODUCTIONS presents;
JAMIL - 'the Evolution of Belly Dance, Through a Males Perspective...'

Time and Place Date: Friday, November 28, 2008
Time: 8:00pm - 11:00pm
Street: Corner of City Rd and Cleveland St
City/Town: Darlinghurst, Australia

Overview:
Belly dance as an art has evolved dramatically in the last century. From the pioneering days, through to the golden era to the modern glitz that is oriental dancing, belly dancing has seen many facades that have sculpted and structured the alluring art form.

As belly dance generates newer followers, non-stereotypical enthusiasts are flocking to the dance style in an attempt to capture a sense of its mysteriousness and invoke in an understanding of the oriental past.

Jamil, (one of Sydney’s premiere belly dancers), takes to the stage in a one night only event to explore the past, present and future of belly dance. Focusing on the major periods in the East, the influences that have shaped the accompanying dance form are projected through the interpretation of melodic Arabian rhythm and beats.

Using a variety of belly dance styles from across the world and prop techniques Jamil conveys to audiences that the dance of the Middle East is much more profound then extravagant costuming and a series of hip movements that is specific to females.

For tickets please log onto:

Seymour Centre - The University of Sydney or phone box office on 9351 7940

Please note limited seats are available.

I'd love to!...... Does the Amtrack train go there?....

Dev

I was going to post the flyer, but saw this thread.

I canot be there but wish I was. See you before that Jamil.;)

Dev

chryssanthi sahar

Hey Jamil, good luck:D I'm sure the event will be a big success, because you are a wonderful dancer:D
Maybe I can make it to visit another event of yours, since I'm planning to visit Australia in 2010 (with Dev's encouragement;))

Caroline_afifi

Wow, it looks very interesting.

Pity it is on the other side of the world for me!

I hope all goes very well and you have a fantastic night. :D

Jamil

Thankyou all!!!

Hey everyone,
Thankyou all for your well wishes regarding my concert! Thankfully it was an absolute success which has resulted in new performing opportunities.

For those of you who were not able to make it there, i have stumbled across a clip of my intro that someone in the audience has uploaded, performing to 'alf leila wa leila - Samir Saroor.'
YouTube - Jamil belly dancer classical

Some pictures of the event will be uploaded to my profile for those interested...
Again, thankyou so much to those who voiced their support!

Jamil

Also for fellow facebook users: please add yourself to the following group
Login | Facebook
or else search the group: Jamil Bellydance :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamil

Hi Caroline

the performance uploaded was to a remake of oum kalthoums 'alf leila wa leila'
it was the first song that the audience see me perform to as it has a range of different melodies and beats which allows the audience to see a range of different movements.

the concert was devided into six sections: pioneer, classical, golden, yesteryear, modern and future. all performances had music and props that were in accordance with all these time frames! :D

Jamil :D