Hi! New here from Maui, Hawaii =)

CandyCane831

My name's chelsey and i'm 20 from maui, hawaii.

I've been bellydancing for a couple years now. I used to do Tribal bellydancing but now i do Middle eastern..

I've performed only a couple times =)

KuteNurse

Hi Chelsey and welcome to the forum. I love Hawaii...What a beautiful place to live. I am newer at belly dancing also. 2.5 years. (But I took this past summer off due to my husband having major back surgery.) Happy posting:)

Amri_

Hi Chelsey, welcome to family!!!! Ohh, Did U know that U're a very lucky girl... U live in one of the most beautiful places in the World! Hmmm, 2 years is actually a good period of time.... Have fun here!

Lotus Dancer

Hello Chelsey,
Welcome to the Forum.
Hawaii looks like a Beautiful place.
Can you do the Hula? The hands are beautiful with that movement.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
Lotus Dancer.

CandyCane831

well thank you!! ^__^

It's nice living here in hawaii. i danced hula when i was young so i've forgotten a few things, but i know a bit.

CandyCane831

This has been bugging me a bit, does anyone think that my having so much tattoos, will effect some of the things i can do?

I know tribal bellydancers sport tattoos and such but i'm doing Middle eastern

Lotus Dancer

Hi Again Candy Cane,
You don't look like the kinda girl who would let what others think or say affect what you do!!!

Others thoughts and words are there own concern.
If your content in your own skin, then dance any genre you want.
Whether it be Ballet, Rock n Roll, Ballroom etc...
I have many girls in our Troop who have beautiful artwork, and we cover all genres Oriental, Egyptian, Tribal, Fusion Styles etc....
They are all Welcome to dance any style they wish.
If those watching don't like it, fine, then don't watch!
I think you look Beautiful by the way and would Welcome You any day into our Troop.
I could really choreograph a special piece featuring those beautiful angels wings....they are just stunning.

Smiles to you.
Lotus Dancer.

Last edited:

CandyCane831

Well thank you. =) That sounds really fun!

I dont really care for what people say, i love my body and i will decorate it as I see fit. I work at a tattoo shop so I love seeing the ideas people come up with.

I think I've just always wondered what other bellydancers thought. Me and my friend, when we did Tribal bellydancing, we were the only ones with tattoos, I've never bellydanced with anyone with tattoos. he he :D

I love bellydanceing, It makes me feel so...sensual and free. I wouldn't have anyone change my ideals for anything.

I'm suprised there aren't that many bellydancers from hawaii on here...I should tll some of the girls I know to sign up! =)

zahra

Welcome to the forum!

Belly dancing in Hawaii or winter in New England.

Since the snow has not started here in Massachusetts yet,I
still have time to make that island bound flight! :)

Hope you enjoy the discussions here!