Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men in skirts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marya View Post
    Well, where I live I would estimate that 90% of everybody, men and women will need to climb a fence, a ladder or walk across a log at least 12 times a year, I wasn't even thinking about being decent, I was thinking of barbed wire on my delicate inner thighs.

While I was doing laundry today I realized that I own at least 7 pairs of denim blue jeans so I can have clean ones to wear every day.

Marya
    And where I live, I once ran out of jeans that fit because my work "upgraded" our dress code. My jeans were wearing out, and I could not replace them because my spare cash had to go towards "business casual" wear.

EDIT: usually, I dress differently for work or play, than for workout wear or home maintenance. I guess my point is that utilakilts are great for play or certain workplaces, but bad for tree trimmers, painters, or plumbers to wear on the job! It's not like women would choose to wear skirts for those jobs, either.
    Last edited by da Sage; 11-02-2008 at 06:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is, of course, a subject dear to my own heart. The Utilikilts I have are getting old - they're a style that is no-longer made and I wouldn't be caught dead in the "Neo-Trad" style they (only) make now.

In the winter time, I like something a bit longer - so I wear a "Macabi Skirt" (Macabi Skirt® - Outdoor travel skirt with pockets, convertible, quick-dry for trekking, hiking, sightseeing for women and men) which are marketed to both genders. Not the most stylish thing, but very comfy and practacle.

I generally don't wear a skirt in a Belly Dance context - "know your audience" and all that - but will if I'm dancing a skirt dance. Its kinda hard to dance a skirt dance without a skirt. Tarik needs to try it!

I am, however, going to get/make/have made one of those triangular "turkish" skirts from the 70s - just for the fun of it in the right circumstances!
    Last edited by Zorba; 11-09-2008 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Spelling...

Post Thanks / Like

I have worn a skirt before in public, but then I was in period attire as a border reiver, never got any smart ass comments, but then I was carrying a claymore.

The skirt of course was the great kilt, the ancestor of the modern kilt. Interestingly, various celtic nations are now adopting the kilt as a sign of celtic identity, Cornwall and Wales included.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da Sage View Post
    And where I live, I once ran out of jeans that fit because my work "upgraded" our dress code. My jeans were wearing out, and I could not replace them because my spare cash had to go towards "business casual" wear.

EDIT: usually, I dress differently for work or play, than for workout wear or home maintenance. I guess my point is that utilakilts are great for play or certain workplaces, but bad for tree trimmers, painters, or plumbers to wear on the job! It's not like women would choose to wear skirts for those jobs, either.
    I know I am lucky, where I live blue jeans are formal business wear as long as you have something nice on top, like a jacket or nice sweater.

Marya

Post Thanks / Like

I have worn a skirt before in public, but then I was in period attire as a border reiver, never got any smart ass comments, but then I was carrying a claymore.
    A six foot double bladed whacking sword would be quite handy in discouraging unfavorable comment, for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Wear whatever you like.

Only people in shows like "what not to wear" are wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Wear whatever you like.

Only people in shows like "what not to wear" are wrong.
    ha ha!

I often think that the people in makeover shows looked better before they were made over. The only consistent rule of the producers seems to be "whatever they were wearing before was WRONG!".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12