Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline_afifi View Post
    Yes, they do look like these.

As far as i know, they are based on a design for fisherman which is used in many countries.

They are like trousers with a wrap over and would have been made from a single piece of fabric and wrapped around the body in various ways and tied with string of sorts.

Someone else may know more about this particular design.

The costume this guy wears is perfect for what he does but would not appeal to everyone as it lacks the opportunity to 'dress up'.
    Hakama is also like trousers and here is how to wear it! I guess this guy wear very similer with Hakama.

Post Thanks / Like

I JUST WATCHED THE 2ND CLIP......
    one word AMAZING!!!!
    I dont know its been a long time i have seen such talent,simply amazing Thank you for this clips Caroline you made my day!!

Post Thanks / Like

2nd one: thought i was gonna fall off my chair. gave me the feeling u know when someone spins u around and around on a computer chair and it makes u really sick. anyways that guy is awsome! its like he has powers!

Post Thanks / Like

he was amazing and breath taking. I have never heard of this dancer before but I would definitely watch him if he did a show in the UK
    Last edited by Strawberrysmoothie; 01-23-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This performer left me breathless and wanting more....

For those of you who dont know him, he is Iranian and his is name is Shahrokh Moshkin Ghalam

not everyones 'thang' but I just love him!!

I hope I have uploaded the clip properly!

YouTube - SHAHROKH MOSHKIN GHALAM, Shir Ali Mardan

Breathless, breathtaking just about cut it !!! He is sublime and he needs to tour the UK.
    When I think what Akram Khan has been able to achieve with his approach to tradition and modern/interpretive dance/music this man has infinite possibilties and from the looks of it he has only just started realising them

Sita

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sita,

Actually my friend knows him as she met him a few times when he was performing at the London school of Oriental and African Studies (is this the right name?).

It was a few years ago now and she predicted then he would be 'big'. I would have definately asked him to come to the Liverpool Arab Arts Festival but you wont believe how many Iranians will not touch a festival with 'Arab' in the title.

Who knows? it maybe worth us trying in the future. He is certainly the sort of artist we would want.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Caroline,
    Thanks for the fantastic links
    Hi Sita,

Actually my friend knows him as she met him a few times when he was performing at the London school of Oriental and African Studies (is this the right name?).yep SOAS for short your friend is very fortunate, did he give a talk as well or anything?

It was a few years ago now and she predicted then he would be 'big'. I would have definately asked him to come to the Liverpool Arab Arts Festival but you wont believe how many Iranians will not touch a festival with 'Arab' in the title.

Who knows? it maybe worth us trying in the future. He is certainly the sort of artist we would want.
    Maybe - you never know, or we could just kidnap him either way I'm satisfied. Seriously though his work also shows non-Persian influences so maybe he would be more open to the possibilty...
    Also I have to know when this Liverpool Arab Arts Festival is held, I would love to come and bring a few friends!

Sita

P.S Just discovered his website for anyone interested: ...:::Shahrokh Meshkin Ghalam:::......:::Compagnie-Nakissa:::...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sita View Post
    Hi Caroline,
    Thanks for the fantastic links

Maybe - you never know, or we could just kidnap him either way I'm satisfied. Seriously though his work also shows non-Persian influences so maybe he would be more open to the possibilty...
    Also I have to know when this Liverpool Arab Arts Festival is held, I would love to come and bring a few friends!

Sita

P.S Just discovered his website for anyone interested: ...:::Shahrokh Meshkin Ghalam:::......:::Compagnie-Nakissa:::...
    Yes, you are right! I will look into this.

There is no big festival this year as we are having a small (credit crunch break)

There will be a 3 day event in July so i will post more details when we have the programme finalised.

It will definately be worth coming for a long weekend event!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you are right! I will look into this.

There is no big festival this year as we are having a small (credit crunch break)

There will be a 3 day event in July so i will post more details when we have the programme finalised.

It will definately be worth coming for a long weekend event!
    I look forward to it !!!

Sita

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123