Thought-provoking belly dance costumes (TPBDC) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amulya

This came with a description:

"This unique bra features a colorful take on tribal fusion."

Yes it does...

"As and extremely colorful and COMFY dance bra, this piece stands out in a sea of black and goth style costuming. A definite show stopping piece. you WILL stand out in the best possible way!"

Yes you will strand out, but not sure if in the best possible way.

"Can be used from anything to eccentric casual wear to professional performances and beyond! Slightly used, I have performed in it once, but no signs or wear are visible."

Only performed in it once? Why was that? Too eccentric maybe?

"official size 34-D, but can fit anything from 36-C to 36-D. Also, it can always be adjusted"

Beware when sellers say the bra can fit different sizes. If it's a 34D, you can not fit it as 36D!

PracticalDancer

Wow, somebody raided the leftover scraps from the kindergarten art bin, the glue, and their underwear drawer for that one. I love how they stayed true to "tribal style" and left the back undone -- on a street bra. But, the Pix-o Star Of David "kuchi pendant" is the real winner on that one. :rolleyes:

Amulya

The Star Of David "kuchi pendant" was the first I saw LOL. In crazy colors too!

Apparantly that big fat wrap thing was featured in a 'World Belly Dance Day 2011 fashion show'

And that last one is a head dress with human hair falls hanging from it.

The weird stuff I came across when shopping at Etsy :shok:

Amulya

But the real show stopper is this one ....

DRUMROLL.......

(seriously this was tagged as belly dance costume)

Aniseteph

The Star of David "kuchi pendant" (LOL) is made of hama beads!!! Hate those fiddly little wossnames, never managed to fuse them properly. :protest:

LunaXJJ

Don't worry. This rule just needs to be repeated once in a while. :)

I actually like that particular costume, even though I don't have the right body (or mindset) to wear it myself.

:) Just making sure I wasn't in trouble lol. I didn't want people to think I didn't like it either. Its nice, I'd prefer silver to gold myself, but the purple-gold combo is so royal looking. I wouldn't be able to pull it off, wouldn't look right on me.

Amulya

That last picture doesn't show.

1.) tagged as belly dance, wtf?

2.) the backside of this costume reminds me of the movie 'The Village', that monster haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.