Thought-provoking belly dance costumes (TPBDC) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PracticalDancer

first off, i LOVE LOVE LOVE Ansuya and draw a lot of inspiration from her, but hmmm...not so sure about the placement...

wow, that's tiny. gotta try to find a bigger one

here's the link....maybe someone more photo savvy can find how to copy the damn photo..

Dance Shots!

Viking Bellydance!!!

(snort!)

I mean -- are they under attack? Must she protect them from marauding audiences?? Do they freeze in outdoor performances and bake under stage lights??? Definitely thought provoking, to say the least.

and, she kinda has that "pointing east and west at the same time" thing going. I suffer from that, too, so I have to be *very* careful how I add embellishments.

(still laughing),

Anala

Shanazel

I've got some fancy little engraved brass bowls that someone gave me years ago. I wonder if I could attach one over each bra cup and get something of the same effect? Maybe add a couple of small spoons for tassles?:think:

PracticalDancer

I've got some fancy little engraved brass bowls that someone gave me years ago. I wonder if I could attach one over each bra cup and get something of the same effect? Maybe add a couple of small spoons for tassles?:think:

Hold on, I think I have some binder clips you could use to hold them on . . . ;)

PracticalDancer

When I saw it, I thought . . .

I was going to start a new thread about this, until I saw the Moderators' request to keep all such discussions in this thread. (Moderators, splice as you see fit.)

If you think back to all of the costumes you have seen on stage, can you recall what the odder of the bunch made you think? So, the thread would go something like this:

"When I saw that she tucked that mint feather boa along the top of her bra, all I could think of was that children's song 'Inchworm, Inchworm.'"

Just wondering what reactions odd costuming had provoked "in the wild" (vs. just the lucky ones we find online).

Shanazel

I once saw a very good dancer dressed in what amounted to a couple of strips of gold cloth barely attached to a hip band. I assume she was also wearing a bra, but I was so caught up in wondering when the skirt-thing was going to fall off that I couldn't concentrate on her dance or anything else. It never actually fell off, but I can tell you anyway that she had a beautiful butt.

There is an infamous pink costume worn by a famous dancer that includes a stuffed pink snake entwined around the dancer's body. I think of it as Medea Meets Strawberry Shortcake.

alosha

i know that costume. what the hell was the designer thinking? and how much does something like that cost?

Mya

I still can't wrap my mind around that costume!! I remember myself going "is that a....no it can't be" :lol:

Amulya

first off, i LOVE LOVE LOVE Ansuya and draw a lot of inspiration from her, but hmmm...not so sure about the placement...

here's the link....maybe someone more photo savvy can find how to copy the damn photo..

Dance Shots!

Ouch that's weird, but otherwise a nice costume. I wonder what those weird things are, something like we saw in the weird belly dance assecories? :lol:

lizaj

Dance Shots!

Oh heck..I love that! She looks fantastic! I know my favoured looks are pared down Emans, Funky OrientalMoon , glam Pharoanix or classic madam A but boy does she wear the Hollywood /princess Xena look well.
The only problem is lesser mortals will not! :rolleyes:

Reen.Blom

Ansuya went Tribal? I think she looks gorgeous in this....

Dont think I like her chest armour GRAPHIC look ha ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.