Greetings from a Videographer in beautiful Buffalo, NY!

RedRob

Yes... it's true. Buffalo and all of the Western New York region really is beautiful... especially between June and November.. magnificent sunsets, wonderful hiking and gorgeous landscapes as the trees prepare for winter (which look like big bowls of fruit loops from a hot air balloon :).

Thought I'd join the crowd and introduce m'self too!

My name is Rob, "Red Rob" on some networks like Tribe and here, and I first got involved with Belly Dance indirectly when my wife began dancing 8 or 9 years ago, and then became more directly involved when I had a most incredible dream (a preminition perhaps?) that manifested me onto the stage performing with Folkloric Productions. Through that dream I befriended an amazingly talented and beautiful dancer named Kassia who asked me to do a 2-camera video recording of one of her Haflas...

... and so it went. Ever since then I've been creating multi-camera video/DVD productions for Belly Dancers and other live theatre events (musicals, bands, etc) using from 3 to 6 cameras.

Although I remain humble, I'm told I'm good at what I do (and that there are lots of bad videographers out there), and am slowly making strides in showing producers that they can have beautiful multi-camera work done of dancers without compromising choreography or botching up the spirit of the dance (the myth is that only a single "camera-on-a-stick in the back of the room" can get it right).

Anyhow... since I'm involved with the BD community via friends old and new, and my videography work, and just discovered this wonderful forum, I thought I'd sign up and say "Hi!".

So... here it is...

Hi!

Cheers,
;) Rob

PS I've been uploading (with permission) some of the videos I've done of dancers (many of these are only one-cam though) to YouTube... if anyone is interested, here's a link to the playlist:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome to the Forum Rob, I am sure you will be very happy to be part of this forum. I haven't yet taken a look at your videos on you tube but will be doing so.
~Mosaic

Samira_dncr

Nice to see you here as well Rob. I recognize you from Tribe. This place is definitely it's own worthy resource and has a different feel. Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.

RedRob

WOW -- such a warm welcome! Anyone going to Rakkasah West?

I just popped back in and realized what a warm welcome I received when I signed up two months ago..

:rolleyes: Aw shux... thanks everyone!

I recognize some of the names on here too and am glad to have found a dedicated resource (other than a generic network like Tribe) (which I happen to enjoy and dislike all the same, but for different reasons that I'll bet we all share!)

Hey.. is anyone heading out to Rak West? If so, I'll be running video for one of the stages (first time at West, but I did Spring Car and East this year) -- it's crazy hours (like 13 hours of straight shooting with 10 minute breaks on rare occassions), but if you can catch me in the AM or the after-party, make sure to drop a warm and hearty "Hello!" (I like most all mixed drinks ;-) (but not in the AM... yikes!)

AND.. if you've been tossing around some video/ dance/ training/ festival/ whatever DVD project in the back of your head and want to bounce around ideas or chat about growing some legs on the project... I'm all ears! I'll be getting in Thurs early afternoon and heading out Mon.

RedRob

Sympathetic Videographers and late-night nuts

We need more sympathetic videographers!

I wonder if my empathic nature has spilled into my professional work now in the form of a "sympathetic videographer" LOL... funny expression!

Second time it was used on me in the past few months.. I think the 1st was when I relentlessly persisted to arrange an audio setup so that zils and jingly bits on stage could be heard on the DVD (a dedicated off-stage shotgun mic mixed in... shhhh... it's a secret). What can I say.. so I think musical aspects of the performance are important enough to care about.. so sue me!

OK... enough procrastinating at 2:42am... back to work I go...

Does anyone else work at 2:42am or am I the only nutjob out here?