Quote Originally Posted by Lydia dubai View Post
    i performed for ...Princess Ann from the uk
    and the Duke of wellington

The King and queen of Malasya and the prins and princess

The Sultan of Oman

The King of Bahrain

The president of the UAE Shaikh Zayed

The ruling family of Dubai the Maktoums

Prince from Yemen (sorry forgot his nameLOL)

and what was also nice..
    i did private shows for this tennis stars,vecario,marie pierce,boris becker...then i danced for the singer Bonny tyler,and performed for the group simply red...
    o cant remember i will catch up with some more later in the threat...
    i dont feel good about this mail i posted.....
    i cant help feeling brag brag brag....
    what i did not intend at all to be honest i dont think its nice if someone brags
    So i am sorry if it sounds like that
    Just got carried away when i saw this threat and was thinking o nice ...and just typed away,some of my experiance so sorry i dont feel good about it

Post Thanks / Like

the scariest and most memorable is definitely when well known dancers/choreographers were in the audience, such as Mahmoud Reda, Aziza, Ava Fleming, etc...

further, when counting famous people: a whole line up of belgian TV and theatre actors/singers/politicians that probably no-one on here knows anyway but my students are always very impressed with ;-) ;-) and when abroad a whole number of ambassadors/local politicians and such that i dont remember the names of...

good fun though..

Artemisia
    Last edited by artemisiadances; 12-01-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

dont worry about it, and it's not bragging, it's your experiences and you have every right to be proud of them!

what i did not intend at all to be honest i dont think its nice if someone brags
    Just got carried away when i saw this threat and was thinking o nice ...and just typed away,some of my experiance so sorry i dont feel good about it

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be silly, Lydia. No one who has spent very much time reading your posts would ever think you were bragging. I am fascinated by your experiences and would love to read more about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lydia, I didn't think you were bragging. I loove to read your posts because you seem to have had some truly fascinating experiences! Don't you remember people urging you to write that book?! So.. it can't be just me that likes to read about your exciting life.

ETA: haha, Shanazel, same time and same words
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly for quite some people who I don't know but who were probably family/friends of some of the other dancers or just random interested people. For the rest my own family, some friends and my boyfriend which was most important/scary for me. And ofcourse my teachers and some other dancers I didn't know very well but who's compliments mean the most to me, because they actually know what they're talking about and don't just try to be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

The most scary person I ever expiriended dancing for (way back in the good old innocent days) was definately my old teacher! Not that she was scary but I was soooo nervous and really wanted to make her proud of me

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and I remember the first time I ever danced for Arabs....I was really nervous the whole day up to the show. When I arrived at the club I was told that they wanted me only to dance to the live band that was there. No CD's!! That was a first, too. I remember being "backstage" all shaking, hearing them presenting me and I took a deep breath and said to myself before entering the "stage": This is going to be an experience, no matter how it goes. Funny enough that calmed me down.
    It turned out to one of the best nights I've ever had, dance-wise.

Member Tribal Belly Dance Malta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I started this thread and I didn't add anything!

Well I did dance for the late Princess Diana, But it wasn't belly dance, it was Hungarian Folk, dose that count?

Belly dance wise, hmmm, The usual dignitaries, Egyptian Ambassador, Minister for Culture, and lots of other types like that , I don't know the names......

There is one person I would love to have danced for, and that is my late grandmother. I never got the chance, it would of been soo funny as she was a true lady of the old school and the idea of me being a belly dancer was a little shock to her. She would of watched and then said " Very nice dear"
    Love and miss you nanna!

Post Thanks / Like

So sweet, Tribal Belly Dance Malta (about your nanna)

I would really love to have danced for Johnny Depp or Robert Downey Jr...
    If any of you, by any chance, hear that they want a belly dancer -for some reason, please give me a call. PLEASE!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast