Who have you danced for?

Just thought it would be nice for everyone to show off and have fun sharing tales of which important or non-important people they have had the chance to dance for. You could also add who would be the one person you would love to dance for.

This is just for fun :)

Jane

I've danced for my State Gov., but I didn't know he was in the audience. Don't know who saw me on TV.:think:

I 'd like to dance for Sean Connery in my own Bond Girl fantasy!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I danced for Ted Turner once. Big, fancy, high zoot party. It was VERY liberating for me - I was the only male that wasn't dressed in a starched, uncomfortable, hot suit (YUK!). I felt wild and free!

Who would I like to dance for? That's a hard one - anyone who appreciates my dance, really.

Tarik Sultan

Drew Barrymore, Lawrence Fishburn, Jack Black, Blondi, Margeret Cho, the president of Trinidad, Beverly Johnson, Sandra Burnheart, Cuba Gooding Junior, (he's got a really good undulation), ..... there's more, but that's all I can remember right now. Still need a metro card to ride the subway..... big whoop!

Tina Rules

I think the most famous people I ever danced for was the band "Midnight Oil" and several famous Danish bands/singers (-Lis Sørensen, Lars H.U.G., Lars Lilholt Band for you who know them)

Maria_Aya

Not only me, but the "Oriental Expression" group and studio, danced many times for Arab Embassies in the last 2 years, and at once we had the Ambassadors of: Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Kuweit, Saudi Arabia, Lybia and England in one !!!
The most crazy is that we managed to get them ALL to dance at once !!! Dabke ofcourse;)

Maria Aya :D

Lydia

i performed for ...Princess Ann from the uk
and the Duke of wellington

The King and queen of Malasya and the prins and princess

The Sultan of Oman

The King of Bahrain

The president of the UAE Shaikh Zayed

The ruling family of Dubai the Maktoums

Prince from Yemen (sorry forgot his nameLOL)

and what was also nice..
i did private shows for this tennis stars,vecario,marie pierce,boris becker...then i danced for the singer Bonny tyler,and performed for the group simply red...
o cant remember i will catch up with some more later in the threat...

Shanazel

Wow, ladies and gentlemen, quite an impressive line up. I've never performed for anyone famous (unless they were incognito and I didn't notice:D). I did perform in a venue visited by the construction crew I was working on at the time. I almost freaked when I saw them in the audience, but the only person who recognized me was the woman who operated the roller, and she didn't blow my cover. Not a single one of half a dozen guys I worked with six days a week knew it was me. Guess I looked pretty different in costume than I did in hard hat and giant sunglasses (I was operating a scraper at the time).

Last edited:

Lydia

i performed for ...Princess Ann from the uk
and the Duke of wellington

The King and queen of Malasya and the prins and princess

The Sultan of Oman

The King of Bahrain

The president of the UAE Shaikh Zayed

The ruling family of Dubai the Maktoums

Prince from Yemen (sorry forgot his nameLOL)

and what was also nice..
i did private shows for this tennis stars,vecario,marie pierce,boris becker...then i danced for the singer Bonny tyler,and performed for the group simply red...
o cant remember i will catch up with some more later in the threat...

i dont feel good about this mail i posted.....
i cant help feeling brag brag brag....
what i did not intend at all to be honest i dont think its nice if someone brags
So i am sorry if it sounds like that
Just got carried away when i saw this threat and was thinking o nice ...and just typed away,some of my experiance so sorry i dont feel good about it :(

artemisiadances

the scariest and most memorable is definitely when well known dancers/choreographers were in the audience, such as Mahmoud Reda, Aziza, Ava Fleming, etc...

further, when counting famous people: a whole line up of belgian TV and theatre actors/singers/politicians that probably no-one on here knows anyway but my students are always very impressed with ;-) ;-) and when abroad a whole number of ambassadors/local politicians and such that i dont remember the names of...

good fun though..

Artemisia

Last edited:

artemisiadances

dont worry about it, and it's not bragging, it's your experiences and you have every right to be proud of them!

what i did not intend at all to be honest i dont think its nice if someone brags
Just got carried away when i saw this threat and was thinking o nice ...and just typed away,some of my experiance so sorry i dont feel good about it :(

Shanazel

Don't be silly, Lydia. No one who has spent very much time reading your posts would ever think you were bragging. I am fascinated by your experiences and would love to read more about them.

gisela

Super Moderator

Hi Lydia, I didn't think you were bragging. I loove to read your posts because you seem to have had some truly fascinating experiences! Don't you remember people urging you to write that book?! :D So.. it can't be just me that likes to read about your exciting life.

ETA: haha, Shanazel, same time and same words :D

Moon

Mostly for quite some people who I don't know but who were probably family/friends of some of the other dancers or just random interested people. For the rest my own family, some friends and my boyfriend which was most important/scary for me. And ofcourse my teachers and some other dancers I didn't know very well but who's compliments mean the most to me, because they actually know what they're talking about and don't just try to be nice.

Tina Rules

The most scary person I ever expiriended dancing for (way back in the good old innocent days) was definately my old teacher! Not that she was scary but I was soooo nervous and really wanted to make her proud of me ;)

Tina Rules

Oh, and I remember the first time I ever danced for Arabs....I was really nervous the whole day up to the show. When I arrived at the club I was told that they wanted me only to dance to the live band that was there. No CD's!! That was a first, too. I remember being "backstage" all shaking, hearing them presenting me and I took a deep breath and said to myself before entering the "stage": This is going to be an experience, no matter how it goes. Funny enough that calmed me down.
It turned out to one of the best nights I've ever had, dance-wise.

I started this thread and I didn't add anything!

Well I did dance for the late Princess Diana, But it wasn't belly dance, it was Hungarian Folk, dose that count?

Belly dance wise, hmmm, The usual dignitaries, Egyptian Ambassador, Minister for Culture, and lots of other types like that , I don't know the names......

There is one person I would love to have danced for, and that is my late grandmother. I never got the chance, it would of been soo funny as she was a true lady of the old school and the idea of me being a belly dancer was a little shock to her. She would of watched and then said " Very nice dear"
Love and miss you nanna!

Tina Rules

So sweet, Tribal Belly Dance Malta (about your nanna)

I would really love to have danced for Johnny Depp or Robert Downey Jr...;)
If any of you, by any chance, hear that they want a belly dancer -for some reason, please give me a call. PLEASE!:pray:
:lol: :D :lol: