Ok so we all have opinions about BBC and UBDC's

chryssanthi sahar

Hey girls, after all everything is a matter of taste:lol: I had a look at both threads (ugly and nice belly dance costumes) and I must say, that I find some of the supposed to be wonderful costumes rather horrible, on the other hand I thought that some of the supposed to be ugly are not that bad. But only some!!! Don't ask me now which, because I don't feel like going through these huge threads again and picking out the costumes:lol:
But I actually agree with the people that tell that a costume is nice, when it suits the personality and the body of a dancer. That's why I've changed different styles of costumes during my more than 20 years professional belly dance career (personality changing, body type changing:lol:). Well, there are some colours I always wear (private and on stage), like different shades of purple (it is MY colour), black, fuchsia, turquoise, some shades of green, white, red... and some other colours I never wear like beige, yellow, dark blue etc... Nevertheless I could like costumes in those colours, but I would never wear them;)

Amri_

chryssanthi sahar Yeah, I totally agree with you. Well, not that some of an " awful section" costumes I found nice( maybe because I didn't check all of them), but some of " supposed-to-be-nice" section costumes I find horrible. ONLY SOME! Well, I think U've picked up nice colors:)
lizajGreat pictures, U know! Rather poetic & also ur costumes I love, I must say:) wish to see more pics of you and also the others!

As for me, my colour is blue. sometimes I have costumes with mixed colours, but always colors are smooth, I escape smth like " blood red" or " deep black". Just they are not for me yet. And they definately not my style, though, I like those colors in general. Guess I just need to get my time.. salad green is also fine:)

alosha

i really like mixing genres...kutchi pendant with some fringe, some sparkle. also, i really like wearing costumes that have a story. the fabric came from (insert nostalgic story here), this costume i bought when....

though i really wish i looked good in red. it looks so dynamic on stage, powerful really.

Shanazel

There are a lot of reds. I can't wear scarlet, which is orange-y, but I can wear crimson which is on the blue side of red. Maybe if you experiment some more you'll find the perfect red for you.

lizaj

What bellydancer would not be happy to wear a costume like this..it must 50 mmm ???? years ago and still a stunning design.