"When I take a class from a teacher or look at any art, I figure out what I like, what I don't, what works or not and *why*. I think about how I can use the information for myself and my students."

Quote Originally Posted by Anala View Post
Jane, I think this is what I was looking for, specifically more insight into this process. Since I am hoping to keep studying for at least the next 45 years, I imagine this will happen to me at least once more! Anala
The tale of Jane's strange OCBDD (obsessive compulsive belly dance disorder) begins...

It's not really a process; it is simply being obsessed on a daily basis. I think about belly dance most of the time. Really. Most things in life relate back to belly dance: art, color, line, movement, culture, physicality, emotion, etc. EVERYTHING.

I'm a constant question asker and analyze every new scrap of information. Why, why, why, how come, what if, what about when, what do you think, who does...

I've become that way because it is the only way I can learn out here in "generic white america land". I've had to grasp at every straw for so long it's now habit.

Belly dance is such an all encompassing thing for me, I'd be lying to you if I tried to pin it down to an easy procedure. Ask me a more specific question and I'll give you a long winded, some-what specific answer.