Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dominant Side

Post Thanks / Like

We don't get a lot of deer, but there is a large antelope herd in our neighborhood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    We don't get a lot of deer, but there is a large antelope herd in our neighborhood.
    I bet a cane could handle an antelope. They are cute as well as tasty.

Post Thanks / Like

Puts my farm animals and wildlife in the shade! 'Sides which, it's so muddy here, I'm bound to keep dropping the stick in it.
    I find I always have to reassure new and not so new students that it's perfectly normal to be weaker, less coordinated on one side. Not only that, but the 'handedness' seems to apply for everyone, and with directions too - some people manage forward figure 8s better than reverse and vice versa, some prefer mayas to taxims, and clockwise versus anticlockwise.
    If you're doing choreographies, it's good to be able to do everything equally on both sides, but I agree that some of the joy and soul of the dance lies in idiosyncrasies and imperfections.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely left hipped, even though I drill both sides it still has a Dr.Strangelove effect when I'm improvising

& I can twirl my little cane with both hands but that has come about through cross training kali. I surprised myself I could still do it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234