Got the schnoz pierced Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadassah

I love it! I'd been contemplating piercing her for quite some time - think it looks pretty cool and belly-dancerish. Just got a tiny diamond on the left side. It's itching like crazy now. Everyone likes it but my mom. Of course.

Suhad

Congratulations!

My husband hated mine when I first got it, but after about two weeks he decided he liked it. In fact, I forgot it after I took it out to clean it before going for a performance and he was so perturbed that he stopped at a store and bought me another to wear!

miss_shimmy

:)

yey!!good for you,where is the shnoz?((I know i am silly!!))

I had my bellybutton pierced 2 weeks ago,no one loves it as much as me!!!
I have a piercing above my lip too.

I keep mine clean using tea tree oil and witch hazel,how about you?it helps with the itching too :)

congrats!!I am so happy for you

hugs and smiles

amanda
xxxxxxxxxx:) :)

Moon

scientific? lol ;)

I'm starting to think that I'm one of the few persons that has a nose piercing on the right side.

Hadassah, itching doesn't sound good. Are you sure it's not inflamed? I washed my nose with anti-bacterial soap 2 times a day for a few weeks after my nose was pierced. It never got inflamed so I guess it helped me very well.

Azeeza

I've had my nose, ahem, schnoz pierced too. I don't recall mine itching either. Are you allergic to the metal in the jewelry perhaps? The piercer did mention that it was possible for people to be allergic to gold too. I've never heard that before.

Plus, I have my navel pierced as well. That one did itch. The piercer told me to clean it with tea tree oil, but not the cream. And I so loved the cream too. I bought the cream at a health food store and I used it on my feet instead.

Azeeza

Alaya

welldone ladies. I can't were pircings, I tried 5 times with my eares and I still don't have any pircings. but I am realy thinking about pircing my bellybutton.
Love, Alaya

slinks

Yes, I'm another who has her schnoz pierced too (24 years ago, lol) and I beleive that itching is not supposed to take place, too.... get it checked out

but congrats all the same

Amulya

I beleive that itching is not supposed to take place, too.... get it checked out

I had it done 3 years ago and no itching, just pain. Better check it.
Oh and I have to warn everybody: never leave the stud out for more then half an hour, because the hole will close up imediately. Happened to me and now I can't waer anything anymore and I have to get something done about it (when i get the courage...)

Moon

Really Amulya? That's strange. When did you take your piercing out? Maybe you did it too soon and the hole was not healed yet.
I took mine out only once (and I already have mine for 6 years now) when I had an x-ray taken at the dentist. At home it took me more than half an hour to get it in again. My nose was all red.

slinks

^^^^

LOL

I don't have any trouble taking and putting mine in and out.... I've had it done too long.... Actually I'm in the process of trying to shrink my hole cos the hole got rather large that I was afraid the stud was gonna go right through... I've had it out for two weeks so far and it seems to be working... I'm on the lookout for one of those thin wire studs instead of the normal small ear stud I have in there.

Moon

slinks said:
I don't have any trouble taking and putting mine in and out.

I think I had trouble because it was the first time I took it out and I didn't really know how to get it in again (my piercing has some weird curl on the inner side of my nose, so the metal won't harm the inner side of my nose). I was affraid the hole had closed up, so I tried it with a paperclip (might sound scary, but I was desperate) and found out the hole was still there. I finally put my finger in my nose and that way I got it in again. Now I never want to take it out again ;)

slinks

Moon, when you say your peircing has some wierd curl on the inner side of your nose, you're talking about the stud aint you ?? That's what I want this time round cos the wire is nice and thin.... but I have to tell you that though I had a normal stud in my nose the bar on the inside is bent to hug the inner wall of the nose .... not sticking straight out...

Demelza, :) yes, that's my pet snake "his" name is Slinky hence my name of Slinks lol

Demelza

slinks hey? that's cool. how long is it ?

my last experience of a snake was when I was about 15. I was staying at my friends house, sleeping over, and I was having the most awful nightmare. I woke up in a cold sweat and banged my head on the huge glass tank she had in her bedroom - lifted my head and there it was, a 6 foot boa - thrashing itself at the side of the glass at me. Scared the living daylights out of me I must admit. She tried to make me hold it the next morning to get over my frighte. Didn't work !!

miss_shimmy

wow

slinks is a cool name for a snake,what type is he?and how old?
I never had a pet snake myself but have never felt afraid of them.
you look great together.

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxx

slinks

^^^

Above topics have been answered in a thread called "Dancing with snakes"
I thought we'd shift the snake thread away from the schnoz thread lol

So Hadassah :) how is the schnoz feeling now... My nose was so sore for about 3 months after I got it done... every time I would yawn it would be cut short cos it hurt so much, so I never really got a proper yawn in for a very long time !!! lol, talk about being starved for oxygen... (we yawn because it is our brains way of taking in oxygen)

Amulya

Really Amulya? That's strange. When did you take your piercing out? Maybe you did it too soon and the hole was not healed yet.

I already had it for nearly 3 years! The hole is very small, because I never wanted to have a big one. I wanted to be able to not wear the stud and that the hole is invisible, just like my ears (I don't want to wear earring all the time, same for the nose), but then this happened.

Moon

amulya said:
The hole is very small, because I never wanted to have a big one. I wanted to be able to not wear the stud and that the hole is invisible

I think that explains a lot. I can still see my "holes" when I take my piercings out.

sliks said:
Moon, when you say your peircing has some wierd curl on the inner side of your nose, you're talking about the stud aint you ??

I think so yeah. My English vocabulary is not that good ;) I even don't know what that's called like in Dutch.

slinks said:
My nose was so sore for about 3 months after I got it done... every time I would yawn it would be cut short cos it hurt so much, so I never really got a proper yawn in for a very long time !!!

Wow, I guess I have been very lucky :) The pain in my nose disappeared quite soon. I could sneeze without problems at the end of the day and after a few days yawning also didn't hurt anymore. (before that I yawned with my nose half closed, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.