Thread: Rolling 8s

Post Thanks / Like

Post Rolling 8s

Hello, I'm very new to belly dancing I've only been dancing for a month. I love it but I'm having a tough time with rolling 8s. I can not find any video examples online for practicing at home. Is there another name that this move is known by or can someone out there give me a good description on how best to do it? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rolling 8s

Sorry, I have never heard of this one, but maybe since it is not commonly done (I presume so because you aren't finding an example on YouTube), you can wait a little longer to learn it.

Where did you hear of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Rolling 8's.. a new term for me also. The closer I can come are figure 's. Does your teacher have another name for it. Don't despair, give yourself time to learn..you've only been learning for a month.
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

My guess (and it is a guess) is rolling eight = maya, which is not a beginning movement. Da Sage and Yasmine are right, Babymang: at a month out, you are just beginning your belly dance journey. Enjoy every step (and roll) of the way, and welcome to the forum.