Interview the Stars - volunteers?

Salome

Administrator
Thus far I have done, almost, all of the Star Interviews myself but would love to make room for a few folks to join me.

I would continue to chose and approach candidates for interviews (though I‘m very open to requests and many of the people I have interviewed came at the request of forum members!) When a dancer accepts you could try your hand at interviewing.

You would formulate about 5 questions for the interview. Some thought needs to be put into the questions, not just ’what would you take with you to a desert island”. Reading a dancer’s bio can provide plenty of ideas for good questions that apply to that individual. You would email those questions to the dancer, after they reply, email the final question/answer product to me to be published. Also a brief bio of that dancer’s career should be included, though that is usually present if the dancer has a website. Of course you would be given credit for the interview and perhaps we can link to you if you have a website.

Right now Samasem of Cairo has accepted an interview with OD.net - interested?

If you speak English and ??? I’m really interested in your participation. There are Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Arabic etc. etc. speaking stars out there that we’d love to interview. Your translation would be of great benefit.

If you have any questions or want to know more post here or drop me an email or PM.

Thanks!

lizaj

I do interviews for our mag. Tarik was one of my victims! Fraid my language skills are restricted to English and a littl French and Spanish.

Maria_Aya

I think that this site NEEDS an interview with Rhea of Greece (actual USA) her life is a movie!!!!

I'm in for that if you like:)

Also Aida Nour and Lubna Emam if we are interested

Amri_

I wonder if the interview with Didem is needed... If she's supposed to be a " belly dance star"
LOL. I could help:)

gisela

Super Moderator
I would love to hear Didem's point of view (as well as Rhea, Aida Nour and Lubna of course) I think Didem is interesting, not because she's my favourite(which she is not), but because she's sooo exposed on the net and seems to have sooo many fans but doesn't have a big voice in the BD community (from what I can tell) as she is young, and doesn't travel offering workshops at festivals etc. I hadn't thought of her for this but would like to read about her life.

Granddad

:lol: Every time Lubna is mentioned I can't help remembering the time she had a "costume malfunction" at Jewel of Yorkshire and scattered beads around the stage area like hail stones! I have a photo somewhere of the very lovely Ann Kingston sweeping the stage in her best BD outfit. :clap:

If anyone interviews Lubna (who was wonderful, as usual) ask her if she remembers that incident! :D

P.S. I'll see if I can't get Granny to do an interview with Djamila Hanann, Granny is fluent in French and we have Djamilla's contact info. (Djamilla runs a dance school in Albi, near Toulouse in France).

For those who haven't seen Djamilla Hanann here's a link to my favourite clip of her (not on Youtube so I can't embed it here).
Dailymotion - www.djamila-hanann.com, a video from farid2paris. danse, orientale, billy, warda, stage

Shanazel

I also sent questions to Samasen this week. She was gone for the holidays and I've been buried, but we are on our way now.