Never too old, I guess

Granddad

I'll show this thread to my lovely wife, she just this summer took early retirement from teaching school at 57 to concentrate on her dancing. :dance::clap: She wants to do more tribal style, I suggested the stage name of "Tribal Granny" but for some reason she didn't go for it. :think: :lol:

Around here most of the best dancers are in their fifties plus (or getting close) and there's one lady who regularly performs with a troupe who is about 78. :clap::dance:

(With apologies to the remembrance service...)
Belly dancers: "Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn"

Tina Rules

Tribal Granny...he he he. Can I use the name instead?

One of my former students, aged 70, performed at a big show in May, and she even had a hip replacement a year prior to the show. She was absolutely gorgeous!

Shanazel

Okay, now I'm beginning to get embarrassed for having indulged in my little ego session.:redface: I'm actually not all that stuck on myself, but I really was up there on a pink cloud for a few hours. Thank you all for being so nice to me about it. I adore every one of you.

chryssanthi sahar

I saw this lady (on attached) dance in student show on Friday (12/5/08) She is NOT professional dancer or teacher she is just a student. That day was her birthday, and she turned to 75 years YOUNG! Also her BOY FRIEND (or her MAN) came to see and support her! So, nobody be too late to perform! :dance:

Wow, and I thought that my 60 year old student was brave:D This lady is even more brave and she looks gorgeous;) But here is a picture of my 60 year old student Elisa, performing at our last Oriental Flow show:

She was very proud of being the oldest in the ensemble and she even asked me to mentioned it at the end of the show, when I present the dancers to the audience:D

bopeep

Okay, now I'm beginning to get embarrassed for having indulged in my little ego session.:redface: I'm actually not all that stuck on myself, but I really was up there on a pink cloud for a few hours. Thank you all for being so nice to me about it. I adore every one of you.

No - don't be embarrassed!!! I really want to see posts like this! As a 40 year old newbie, this sort of thing hammers it home that I'm not to late to start! I'm not too old to learn! In 13 years, maybe I can bring the roof down too :lol:

I think your choice of music was great! what a riot that must have been. :lol: I completely understand why you don't want to wind up on youtube, but I wish I could have seen it!

BP

nigma

Fabulous, well done Shanazel. I havent performed in almost four years but I know I will one day again.

lizaj

May I just ask why folks think we "oldies" are brave for dancing?:think:

so I don't feel I need to be brave when I dance.;) In fact I think I am damn right scary....:lol:..at 61..ooo nearly 62

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s158/lizajuk/ghawazeebrave.jpg[/IMG]

People of any age are brave when dancing for the first time or after a spell of not dancing but age has little to do with it.
In fact as you get older you are less lkely to be phased I find.You start to make hay while the sun still shines:D

chryssanthi sahar

May I just ask why folks think we "oldies" are brave for dancing?:think:

O.k., Lizaj, I apologise, brave was probably the wrong word:redface: Although in the case of my 60 old student I can use this word, because it was the first time she ever performed belly dance in public, so she was indeed brave:lol:
By the way, you look gorgeous on that pic:D

Caroline_afifi

so I don't feel I need to be brave when I dance.;) In fact I think I am damn right scary....:lol:..at 61..ooo nearly 62

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s158/lizajuk/ghawazeebrave.jpg[/IMG]

People of any age are brave when dancing for the first time or after a spell of not dancing but age has little to do with it.
In fact as you get older you are less lkely to be phased I find.You start to make hay while the sun still shines:D

There are even more glam ones of you than this! and Hilda..

You both take all the fear out of 60 something for me! :lol:

Granddad

:lol: My wife will be very disappointed and disillusioned if I let her see this thread. She just took early retirement at 57 so she can concentrate on her belly dance, she only started three and a half years ago. Should I tell her to throw away her saidi stick and get a medical grade stick instead?

(not bad for an old fart, IMHO)

Honestly! The way some people are talking you'd think that she should be making her reservation for the geriatric home instead of making reservations for private lessons!!

Liz, can you make it all the way to your classes on you mobility scooter or do you have to get someone to drive you there? :lol: You're such an example to the other old folks! :clap: :lol::lol::lol: Should we start looking for a nice cemetary now or can we wait until after we get our bus passes? :lol::lol::lol:

lizaj

O.k., Lizaj, I apologise, brave was probably the wrong word:redface: Although in the case of my 60 old student I can use this word, because it was the first time she ever performed belly dance in public, so she was indeed brave:lol:
By the way, you look gorgeous on that pic:D

Everyone is brave the first time and even braver when we look back at the video tapes!:D:D

Shanazel

When I was 43 (43, my god, a real aged crone), a sincere young (22)paralegal in our firm told me how wonderful she thought it was that someone my age could go back to school and learn a new trade.:lol:

lizaj

When I was 43 (43, my god, a real aged crone), a sincere young (22)paralegal in our firm told me how wonderful she thought it was that someone my age could go back to school and learn a new trade.:lol:

See you lost all those brain cells.
And here's me thinking of going back to uni...God knows what some people will think!:lol: