Is there a such thing as Nude Bellydancing?

Caroline_afifi

OMG Shira! How did you maintain composure? That is sooo funny!

I've done some crazy travels and crazy gigs in my life. I was belly dancing on a nude beach in Hawaii, just a shimmy belt on... I got picked up by 6 lovely lesbians and brought to their private beach where I lived naked for 1.5 months. I'm going to write a book someday...

OOOH bestsller I am sure!! :lol:

sultan

~~ Any evidence for belly dance going back that far? ~~

I thought we have may discussed previously that it was depicted in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics which predate Abrahamic religions:

Egyptian Belly Dance: A dance so ancient that it is depicted in Predynastic hieroglyphics

~~ I don't wish to get into an argument here ~~

Goodness! Who's arguing???

I specifically said "thank you" for your reply. No argument from me.

~~ Expertise (or at least a small measure of knowledge) is something that is freely available. ~~

Second hand knowledge such as books, movies, or videos won't ever make me an 'expert'. You are too much kind by overestimating my limited intelligence.

:)

~~ Belly dancing is not “made wicked” by the presence of anyone. ~~

AMEN & TOUCHÉ! That was the key point to my post!

:clap:

Caroline_afifi

~~ Any evidence for belly dance going back that far? ~~

I thought we have may discussed previously that it was depicted in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics which predate Abrahamic religions:

Egyptian Belly Dance: A dance so ancient that it is depicted in Predynastic hieroglyphics

~~ I don't wish to get into an argument here ~~

Goodness! Who's arguing???

I specifically said "thank you" for your reply. No argument from me.

~~ Expertise (or at least a small measure of knowledge) is something that is freely available. ~~

Second hand knowledge such as books, movies, or videos won't ever make me an 'expert'. You are too much kind by overestimating my limited intelligence.

:)

~~ Belly dancing is not “made wicked” by the presence of anyone. ~~

AMEN & TOUCHÉ! That was the key point to my post!

:clap:

Dear Sultan,

Are you having an intelligent conversation with yourself here?

Aniseteph

Granddad

What we need is a thorough search of Youtube's Ancient Egyptian archives to see if we can find original video clip source material.:cool:

No time for more... we're off to a HAFLA!!! YEAY!!!:dance::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

sultan

"Dear Sultan,
Are you having an intelligent conversation with yourself here?''

Strangely enough, I talk in my sleep but don't believe my conversations usually rise to this level.
;)

Shanazel

Oh, I don't know. I think it offers quite a scope for the imagination. Imagine a choreographed male group dance for the nudist colony's viewing pleasure... it would give a whole new meaning to syncopated rhythm.

sultan

Imagine a choreographed male group dance for the nudist colony's viewing pleasure

Yeech - pukey!

Artemocion Malta

i love debra paget

I dont know if the woman is called Debra Paget, But she is stunning! I wish they would have thought her a better dance, not essentially Belly Dance only, Just a good dance. And i also wish they would have got a real snake , because that one looks like one from sesame street .

Artemocion Malta

Debra Paget

Debra Paget was a well-known actress of her time.

Debra Paget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hmm should I have known her ? I am 20 years old, is it because she is not of my time or ...am I just living in my own little world! :D THANKS FOR posting the link Lizaj , will read it when I have a break from studying and maybe after tonight's dancing.

Anyways I ll stop talking about this because she is not naked( almost naked but not naked ) but she is covering the breasts , the bottom etc.. by the way someone should really read the comments of that video india tomb - some of them are really funny .
\---------------------------

When I was 17 years I did this trip to Peru and I became revived , and full of nature etc.. I started to want to do shows with no make up , to show the "natural me."... I never thought of going natural to the extreme (and do nude Belly Dancing! )

Last edited:

Artemocion Malta

ok this is soo out of context. But this is my last chance to wish you all a merry xmas, because in between shows, study and passing time with my family I will not have much time to post these few days.

Wishing all the forum the best for the holidays!

Cora!

sultan

The Haunted Palace
Vincent Price stars in this 1963 horror film, which was Debra Paget's last feature film. Lon Chaney, Jr. also makes one of his last screen appearances. Roger Corman directs. Though it is billed as based on the work of Edgar Allan Poe, and was filmed in the middle of Corman's "Poe cycle", the film actually owes much more to the writing of H. P. Lovecraft. Paget is "Ann Ward", one of the residents of the New England village menaced by Price when his spirit returns to possess the body of a visiting descendant and seek revenge on the descendants of those who burned him at the stake.

Written by Charles Beaumont - one of the kings of Hollywood writing. In case his name is not familiar to you, remember The Twilight Zone? He wrote at least 20 episodes. A true writing genius!

Last edited:

lizaj

hmm should I have known her ? I am 20 years old, is it because she is not of my time or ...am I just living in my own little world! :D THANKS FOR posting the link Lizaj , will read it when I have a break from studying and maybe after tonight's dancing.

Anyways I ll stop talking about this because she is not naked( almost naked but not naked ) but she is covering the breasts , the bottom etc.. by the way someone should really read the comments of that video india tomb - some of them are really funny .
\---------------------------

When I was 17 years I did this trip to Peru and I became revived , and full of nature etc.. I started to want to do shows with no make up , to show

the "natural me."... I never thought of going natural to the extreme (and do nude Belly Dancing! )

No you shouldn't have known her bless you, my child. And they obviously don't show enough old films on TV near you!;)