Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonia View Post
    Is this in English?

Post Thanks / Like

Many of these bellydance scenes can be viewed at buikdans-beelden.startpagina.nl. The titles with * link to full online movies, the others to all sorts of 'oriental' or bellydance. (links with z have no bellydance, with o have no video).

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Movies Featuring Belly Dancing

Hey all I know it's been a long time since I've posted here,but here's a thread that interested me. So I thought I'd name some movies featuring belly dancing.
    Since it's Halloween season, I thought I'd mention some horror/Halloween type movies first. One movie is Blood Of The Man Devil from 1965. It stars Lon Chaney Jr.(The Wolfman from the Universal 1941 Horror movie of the same name) and John Carradine(Count Dracula in Universal's House Of Dracula and House Of Frankenstein movies). The movie is about a family of Satanists fighting over the family fortune. It introduces British actress Sabrina(Norma Ann Sykes) as a belly dancer. Then in 1969 there was another horror movie that involved Satanic Witches called The Witchmaker. This movie features the late Diane Webber as a belly dancing Witch's coven member: The Nautch of Tangier.
    Diane Webber later played a belly dance instructor in the 1974 Billy Jack sequel:The Trial Of Billy Jack. There's one other movie that stars belly dancer Laurie Rose aka Mesmera called Working Girls. I don't know if she belly dances in this movie,but for the dvd release she was interviewed. Her interview concludes with a belly dance performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Prince Ali, welcome back! Thank you for the movie list. Are any of them on Netflix now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    Hi, Prince Ali, welcome back! Thank you for the movie list. Are any of them on Netflix now?
    Blood Of The Man Devil is up on the Internet Archive: Blood of the Man Devil (1965) : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
    As for The Witchmaker Code Red DVD just started selling it again,but the website was down for maintenance again. You might be able to find it on Netflix if not Amazon.com might sell it. Working Girls is another Code Red title,but is out of print. I had to buy it off of Amazon.com just to get a brand new copy.
    Trial Of Billy Jack I would check Netflix for if it isn't there, Amazon.com as a 3 day rental streaming version: Amazon.com: Trial of Billy Jack: Victor Izay, Russell Lane, Tom Laughlin, Delores Taylor: Amazon Instant Video

Post Thanks / Like

In case anyone is interested I believe I have identified two dancers from the movie "Head." They are June Fairchild and Jacqui Landrum. [Scroll down until you see Jacqui watching June practice.]

GAZZARRI DANCERS. COM

Helena, Tanya, Vayla, June, and Jacqui. That makes five, but it is difficult to know how many dancers were involved in this trippy and kalaiedoscopic scene.

In case it has not been mentioned, the Lebanese dancer Nadia Gamal appeared in a little-known movie called "24 Hours to Kill" which takes place in pre-civil war Beirut. Good storyline. Nadia actually got her name in the opening credits, a character name instead of just belly dancer, more screen time than the usual dance scene in a Western film gets, and even a few lines to speak.
    Last edited by Erik; 10-15-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

For those who haven't already seen it, there is a 3-part series of articles on my web site listing movies containing dance scenes:

Maria's Belly Dancers in the Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen "Classic Stars of Bellydance" which is available on Amazon? I'm curious about it and there is one positive review, however there is no trailer and when I looked up the director his other works included, "Sensual Massage Made Simple" and "The Art of Sensual Massage."

I have no objections to sensual massage, but if that's the angle he approached the belly dance movie from, I probably don't want to bother with it. Has anyone here seen it?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is some more reviews Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Classic Stars of Bellydance, Terry testifies for the Gilded Serpent.

I think I've seen it. It's pretty interesting if you are interested in the history of BD in the US.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast