Movies with bellydance

prince ali baba

Movies Featuring Belly Dancing

Hey all I know it's been a long time since I've posted here,but here's a thread that interested me. So I thought I'd name some movies featuring belly dancing.
Since it's Halloween season, I thought I'd mention some horror/Halloween type movies first. One movie is Blood Of The Man Devil from 1965. It stars Lon Chaney Jr.(The Wolfman from the Universal 1941 Horror movie of the same name) and John Carradine(Count Dracula in Universal's House Of Dracula and House Of Frankenstein movies). The movie is about a family of Satanists fighting over the family fortune. It introduces British actress Sabrina(Norma Ann Sykes) as a belly dancer. Then in 1969 there was another horror movie that involved Satanic Witches called The Witchmaker. This movie features the late Diane Webber as a belly dancing Witch's coven member: The Nautch of Tangier.
Diane Webber later played a belly dance instructor in the 1974 Billy Jack sequel:The Trial Of Billy Jack. There's one other movie that stars belly dancer Laurie Rose aka Mesmera called Working Girls. I don't know if she belly dances in this movie,but for the dvd release she was interviewed. Her interview concludes with a belly dance performance.

prince ali baba

Hi, Prince Ali, welcome back! :D Thank you for the movie list. Are any of them on Netflix now?

Blood Of The Man Devil is up on the Internet Archive: Blood of the Man Devil (1965) : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
As for The Witchmaker Code Red DVD just started selling it again,but the website was down for maintenance again. You might be able to find it on Netflix if not Amazon.com might sell it. Working Girls is another Code Red title,but is out of print. I had to buy it off of Amazon.com just to get a brand new copy.
Trial Of Billy Jack I would check Netflix for if it isn't there, Amazon.com as a 3 day rental streaming version: Amazon.com: Trial of Billy Jack: Victor Izay, Russell Lane, Tom Laughlin, Delores Taylor: Amazon Instant Video

Erik

In case anyone is interested I believe I have identified two dancers from the movie "Head." They are June Fairchild and Jacqui Landrum. [Scroll down until you see Jacqui watching June practice.]

GAZZARRI DANCERS. COM

Helena, Tanya, Vayla, June, and Jacqui. That makes five, but it is difficult to know how many dancers were involved in this trippy and kalaiedoscopic scene.

In case it has not been mentioned, the Lebanese dancer Nadia Gamal appeared in a little-known movie called "24 Hours to Kill" which takes place in pre-civil war Beirut. Good storyline. Nadia actually got her name in the opening credits, a character name instead of just belly dancer, more screen time than the usual dance scene in a Western film gets, and even a few lines to speak.

Last edited:

Sirène

Has anyone seen "Classic Stars of Bellydance" which is available on Amazon? I'm curious about it and there is one positive review, however there is no trailer and when I looked up the director his other works included, "Sensual Massage Made Simple" and "The Art of Sensual Massage."

I have no objections to sensual massage, but if that's the angle he approached the belly dance movie from, I probably don't want to bother with it. Has anyone here seen it?

Sirène

Here is some more reviews Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Classic Stars of Bellydance, Terry testifies for the Gilded Serpent.

I think I've seen it. It's pretty interesting if you are interested in the history of BD in the US.

Thanks for the link. I don't know why those reviews aren't linked to the "instant video" version, but they put my mind at ease that the movie isn't something that belongs in the "adults only" section. I did a little more googling of Gordon Inkeles and managed to find some brief clips on his website:

Videos & DVDS | Publisher of the World's most popular Massage books and DVDs by Gordon Inkeles

He does a lot more promoting of his massage series, but if you scroll down there are three short clips from Classic Stars of Bellydance. The first link gives a 404 error, but the other two work.

prince ali baba

Blood Of The Man Devil is up on the Internet Archive: Blood of the Man Devil (1965) : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
As for The Witchmaker Code Red DVD just started selling it again,but the website was down for maintenance again. You might be able to find it on Netflix if not Amazon.com might sell it. Working Girls is another Code Red title,but is out of print. I had to buy it off of Amazon.com just to get a brand new copy.
Trial Of Billy Jack I would check Netflix for if it isn't there, Amazon.com as a 3 day rental streaming version: Amazon.com: Trial of Billy Jack: Victor Izay, Russell Lane, Tom Laughlin, Delores Taylor: Amazon Instant Video

An update on the home video dvd release of Blood Of The Man Devil. It's also been released as House Of The Black Death. It seems that Blood Of The Man Devil aka House Of The Black Death is owned by Kit Parker films so I discourage anyone from using the archive.org link. That most likely is a bootleg print. VCI Entertainment has been putting out the Kit Parker films library. VCI recently gave Blood Of the Man Devil aka House Of the Black Death an authorized dvd release as part of a triple feature dvd set called the Jerry Warren Collection 2. Blood Of The Man Devil aka House Of the Black Death is included along with Attack Of The Mayan Mummy and Creature Of The Walking Dead. House Of The Black Death is the highlight since this is one that introduces England's answer to Jayne Mansfield,Sabrina(Norma Ann Sykes) as a belly dancer. Also anyone interested in any other classic horror flicks featuring belly dancers or belly dancing, Code Red Releasing still sells the Witchmaker. Late belly dancer, Diane Webber is featured as a belly dancing member of a witch's coven. Code Red still sells it,but directly through their website only unless you can find it on Amazon.com or dvddiabolik's website. Also like Erik mentioned there were some belly dancing in the movie Head starring the Monkees. I heard Toni Basil was involved with the choregraphy for the belly dance sequence.

prince ali baba

Not exactly belly dance,but...

This is not exactly belly dance,but didn't know where else to post this. This is a clip of Yvonne De Carlo(TV's Lily Munster) doing a sexy masked harem dance as Mary Magdalene in the English dubbed,Italian flick,The Sword And The Cross(1958). Yvonne De Carlo luckily got to dub her own voice.[video=youtube;mTQoDKUvW20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTQoDKUvW20[/video]

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Why do these old films always have to ruin the continuity of the dance with cuts to some drooling guy's face?

And there's no way I'd do high kicks wearing a skirt like that! :shok: She pulled it off, I wouldn't be so lucky...

prince ali baba

I Don't Know Zorba

Why do these old films always have to ruin the continuity of the dance with cuts to some drooling guy's face?

And there's no way I'd do high kicks wearing a skirt like that! :shok: She pulled it off, I wouldn't be so lucky...
I don't know Zorba you probably have enough skills and talent to pull it off. Just wear some harem pants instead of a skirt and see how that works out.