the Jews

Caroline_afifi

This has been an incredibly intense topic of discussion, involving more hostility and harsh words than anything I have read in all my years participating on the forum. QUOTE]

Please Shanazel...

That is because this thread is not about Belly dancing costumes and hip drops! ...this is peoples lives we are discussing here.

I have seen plenty of threads become nasty over much lesser important subjects.

I have to defend Gypsy here as i think she has managed to really keep her cool here... far better than me!

She regualrly particpates on this forum and contributes valuable info on many levels.

When people come here spouting their fundamentalist views we all jump on them.. is that because we only get threatend by Islamic fundamentalists or what?

Nick Nack has displayed a one sided fundamentalist view with little remorse for any of the Palestinian deaths... damn right that is upopular and in a minority.

IF she is a sample of the Zionist mentality then I fully understand why people are driven to violence.

It also explains alot about what has gone on in the past weeks.

She has left a bad taste on this entire forum for me and that I believe was her intention. :mad:

Kharis

This has been an incredibly intense topic of discussion, involving more hostility and harsh words than anything I have read in all my years participating on the forum. To even suggest that there are two sides to this horrific situation or that a compromise is in order has meant enduring insults, and negative assumptions from those passionately sure that only they are capable of seeing the situation clearly.

Yes, an interesting and passionate thread. Witnessing the 'duel' here betwixt Nick Nack and Gypsy makes it feel like this thread is it's own mini Gaza. Neither will back down nor give an inch. Mmm. Interesting. Human nature being what it is, one must wonder that if the situation between the Israelis and Palestinians were reversed, would the whole ghastly affair be any different?

Salome

Administrator
I think the occupation is wrong. I’m not deeply versed in the history but in many ways it seems similar to settling the states. Like Palestine, there were already people here. In that enterprise, native peoples were wiped off the map and who survived got pushed onto reservations. I’m sure the “brave” settlers that came in and the groups behind them felt totally justified in what they were doing, They thought they were superior because of their race and beliefs and they felt righteous in their pursuit of religious freedoms. I’m quite sure native peoples felt justified in the defensive since it was their territory and way of life on the chopping block.

Like the states, I understand that the invading group has dug their heels in and are there to stay. However, Palestinians are in the right. And Israel should withdraw from Gaza and the west bank and make every attempt to come to a two state settlement. And unlike the US government, actually honor the treaties.

Shanazel

I wish you peace and blessings on your head as well. And your soul. All the best with your studies of Judaism and every step you wish to take in life.

Sincerely,

G

Thank you, dear. Shanazel

PS the thought I expressed about civil language was not addressed to you in particular, but to all of us, including me. I should have used the term "one" instead of "you" to make this clear. Sorry.

Last edited:

gypsy8522

Yes, an interesting and passionate thread. Witnessing the 'duel' here betwixt Nick Nack and Gypsy makes it feel like this thread is it's own mini Gaza. Neither will back down nor give an inch.

Actually, the argument between me and Nick Nack only started a few pages back, while the verbal clashes between her and 'other' members were constant throughout the thread.

But, since these members have dropped and are no longer actively participating in the discussion (for obvious reasons), I have now become more 'visible' and hence making it seem like I am part of this 'duel' which I am not. I am certainly NOT the only one......... it's just that I am the only one left!
I guess that was her whole intention anyway.

sedoniaraqs

I think the occupation is wrong. I’m not deeply versed in the history but in many ways it seems similar to settling the states. Like Palestine, there were already people here. In that enterprise, native peoples were wiped off the map and who survived got pushed onto reservations. I’m sure the “brave” settlers that came in and the groups behind them felt totally justified in what they were doing, They thought they were superior because of their race and beliefs and they felt righteous in their pursuit of religious freedoms. I’m quite sure native peoples felt justified in the defensive since it was their territory and way of life on the chopping block.

Like the states, I understand that the invading group has dug their heels in and are there to stay. However, Palestinians are in the right. And Israel should withdraw from Gaza and the west bank and make every attempt to come to a two state settlement. And unlike the US government, actually honor the treaties.

I agree completely.

Sita

Actually, the argument between me and Nick Nack only started a few pages back, while the verbal clashes between her and 'other' members were constant throughout the thread.

But, since these members have dropped and are no longer actively participating in the discussion (for obvious reasons), I have now become more 'visible' and hence making it seem like I am part of this 'duel' which I am not. I am certainly NOT the only one......... it's just that I am the only one left!

Just wanted to show support for Gypsy's statement especially as I was one of the 'members' mentioned. There is no 'duel' : people here seem suprised by the passions and hightened emotions of this thread - Why? what did you expect?
This is not a little disagreement between states/countries it is a serious historic conflict and this thread reflects that. Anyone who has a connection, relation, or experience in this conflict will be unable to remain coldly detached. This is about human suffering. I stopped responding to certain posts because my emotions became so hightened I was aware I could no longer remain civil and control the violent emotions that are surfaced by this conflict. I did not want my argument damaged by the behaviour this could lead to.

Also I have to say this debate, compared to some academic ones by experts on this subject, is moderate to say the least. Also some of us have more access to information about this conflict and are aware of it more than others: this adds to the intensity of the argument. In light of that certain comments made have had the effect of making a person feel physically sick with anger and frustration. The response will then reflect this and be just as heated.

Sita

Last edited:

sultan

''How do you feel about the vandalism of those buildings and their use by Arabs to house animals and people? How do you excuse ...? ''

Two wrongs do not equal a right. But Palestinian actions do not exist in a vacuum as there was much unjustifiable provocation from the Zionists. As Einstein, Arendt, Hook, and other Jewish scholars declared in 1948, there was no greater parallel to the atrocious actions of the Nazis at that time than the terrorism of the Zionists.

Kharis

I didn't mean to suggest you were the only one. My comment was just an observation and not intended to target anyone in particular in any negative way. I don't particularly care what Nick Nack's intention was either way... you held your own with eloquent dignity.