New vid for beginners

Melissa Voodoo

I've had a ton of beginners asking me about what videos to use if they can't get to a real teacher.

You NEED to take a look at Autumn Ward's new DVD. Buy it direct from her so she makes some money off the project.

This lady knows what she's doing.

autumn ward

(I get nothing from this-- I just know how she teaches. Really, really well.)

Melissa Voodoo

Gia al Qamar

I've had a ton of beginners asking me about what videos to use if they can't get to a real teacher.

You NEED to take a look at Autumn Ward's new DVD. Buy it direct from her so she makes some money off the project.

This lady knows what she's doing.

autumn ward

(I get nothing from this-- I just know how she teaches. Really, really well.)

Melissa Voodoo

I TOTALLY concurr!
Autumn is one of my favorite NYC dancers...she's exceptionally gifted...a dancer's dancer...she's also a wonderful lady!!!
I can't wait for this DVD...I'll buy anything she's doing...just watching her dance is a gift!!
Gia

There are so many new dancers asking for our recommendations for beginner videos. It's exciting that there is a greater selection available.
Yasmine

Amri_

.. I guess it depends on a beginner. Some beginners like to practice slowly-slowly, step by step. For such beginners I think it's really better to watch lessons online ( or on DVD). But some beginners catch up on everyhting quickly, and they also wanna learn everyhting in one moment( well,Im a bit exxegerating, meaning they wanna learn maximum they can in one day). For such beginners the best advice would be to watch many different belly dancrs online, and to see whose style is closer to what they are feeling it like. And then copy their " idol". I am not saying that copying is the way, but it's very often the way to take a good start.
For example, when my aunt would teach me, she had actually no system. Just She realised that her system was boring for me, because I would learn quickly, so repeating one move half of class, than another one another half of class was useless. So in my case, if I had the inet when I was 14, I guess I'd look for some interesting dancer, than learn her dances. But as an example that time I took my aunt. I'd just learn all her stuff.