Hello!

maria_harlequin

Hi from Bangkok! I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided that it's time to contribute :)

I've been dancing for about two and a half years now at a lovely studio called rumPUREE rumPUREE - world dance studio - New York Salsa, Bellydance, African Dance, Afro-Caribbean, Zouk, Merengue, Carnival Samba, Samba de Gafieira, Bossanova, Dancehall, Hip Hop, Music Video Dance, Drum Circle, Striptease, Pole Dance, Thai Dance School in . I've been blessed to have two very dedicated teachers in my life that have studied abroad in the Middle East and the States (both of them have studied intensively with many of the big names - Aida Nour, Suhaila, Kajira...) especially when Bangkok is definitely not the belly dance capital of the world - at the moment I can only say there's about ten of us that are serious belly dancers.

I've done mostly American Oriental so far for the past two years, basic ATS, fusion, and in February, I'll be learning Egyptian for two months with a very talented male belly dance teacher and doumbek player from Egypt called Samy Abdo that one of my teachers arranged for us since she'll be in New York at that time - very excited since it's all going to be about improvising!

Hope to have some very interesting discussions here! God bless all of you :)